Stolen Mack Bx Truck Parts

Guest 45LMSWM

Guest 45LMSWM

PLEASE HELP...OVER THE WEEKEND, SOMEONE STOLE THE COMPLETE DASHBOARD OUT OF MY 1934 MACK BX FROM ONE OF MY STORAGE YARDS IN NJ. PLEASE KEEP A WATCHFUL EYE ON CRAIGS LIST, EBAY, OR ANYOTHER FORUM, SWAP MEET, TRUCK SHOW, ETC. FOR THIS PIECE, OR ANYONE SELLING MACK BX GAUGES, DASH PLATES, ETC.

I WILL GLADLY PAY A $2000.00 CASH REWARD FOR ANYONE WHO LEADS ME TO THE RETURN OF THIS PIECE. I HAVE DETAILED PHOTOGRAPHS OF ALL THE GAUGES, THE DASH ITSELF, AND ANY OF THE PLATES, SO THEY WILL NOT BE HARD TO PICK OUT. I WILL POST THESE ON HERE SOON.

THIS WAS MOST LIKELY A COLLECTOR WHO KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE TAKING, SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU SEE ANYTHING.

I CAN BE REACHED AT (732) 236-8744 24/7 OR (732) 570-5267 24/7 OR EMAIL AT jpeunltd@comcast.net. ANY LEADS WILL BE KEPT STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.

Thanks in advance. This dream of a hobby is hard enough. Please help me get this item back in my hands.

Regards,

John Pearson

Guest 45LMSWM

I'm on ebay alot, if I see anything like the parts your missing I'll contact you right away. From one collector to another I wouldnt even think about accepting any reward. I'll keep my eyes and ears open -Sean in New York

Sean,

Thanks alot. I'm just really burned by this. Its not the first time it happened to me, but I simply cannot build a building big enough or a fence high enough to keep all my stuff out of harms way. I appreciate your comments about the reward, but I am serious. I want this stuff back.

Thanks again,

John Pearson

John, I feel for you. I can tell when the price of scrap is up when things start missing fron my yard. These bastards will steel a hundred dollar part just to get two bucks for scrap. In your case it looks like they knew what they were after. Use words like "Rat Rod, Hot Rod, Rod Guage" in your search on Ebay and Craigslist. Good luck.

Guest 45LMSWM

John, I feel for you. I can tell when the price of scrap is up when things start missing fron my yard. These bastards will steel a hundred dollar part just to get two bucks for scrap. In your case it looks like they knew what they were after. Use words like "Rat Rod, Hot Rod, Rod Guage" in your search on Ebay and Craigslist. Good luck.

Thanks, David. I am searching everywhere and calling in all the troops. We were moving to a new shop in January, and this truck would have had a much better home, but too little, too late. Maybe something will turn up. I hope whoever stole it, chokes on it.

-John

A few years ago my boss borrowed a Bobcat from a friend to do some work at the shop. While the Bobcat was sitting in the yard someone broke in and stole it and a bunch of other stuff. About a year later the police, during a raid for some unrelated investigation, found an assortment of stolen property. The Bobcat was among the stolen property that was found, it was recovered and returned to it's rightful owner. The best part was that while it was missing the thieves had done a lot of work to it, repainted it, and put a new set of tires on it! I wish you luck in getting your property back and hopefully it's in better shape than when it was taken.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I'd post this on as many truck related sites such as ATHS, SPAAMFA, and the Brockway Club as you can think of. I don't think any collector/restorer would buy this if they knew it was stolen. You need to get the word out as much as possible.

I guess you better plan on going to the Allentown and Hershey flea markets as well.

Good luck and I'll keep my eye out in VA for you.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I keep my eyes open. I'd post your if on these two sites if I were you. I had the grill stolen from my 46 Ford Ferguson and found it mounten on a local "rat rod" Got it back too. Paul

http://blog.hemmings.com/

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Guest 45LMSWM

I keep my eyes open. I'd post your if on these two sites if I were you. I had the grill stolen from my 46 Ford Ferguson and found it mounten on a local "rat rod" Got it back too. Paul

http://blog.hemmings.com/

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Thanks again for everyone's tips. Turns out, the yard does have video surveillance, and they are pulling the tapes to see what we can find. We shall see.

-John

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for everyone's tips. Turns out, the yard does have video surveillance, and they are pulling the tapes to see what we can find. We shall see.

-John

I sure hope something turns up,i hate to hear about things like this,nothing worse than a damn theif!.....good info so far,dont forget ATHS normally they will run an ad like this for free if you're a member..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.