Am I Old Or New?

depend of the engine, tranny... 81 got small cab and old fuel tank etc... worth less then 86 and up. it also depend of the quality of the truck, if it's a truck that have been abused for years or a truck maintened for years! take a look at the frame, double frame with the time open and crack... but 2000$ if the truck is plated and inspected, it seems to be nice...

From the previous post:

81 got small cab and old fuel tank etc...

Actually it was the 66 to 72 models with the smaller cab.

In 73 on up they moved the rear cab wall back a few inches, changed to the newer style dashboard & used the adjustable steering column.

But this is irrelevant if they're just interested in the engine & driveline.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

2000 is a good price if the cab has little or no rust. the frame is good and the drive line is not beat to hell. Check the oil press at idle. look at the brakes to see if there adjusted. oil leaks. lots of those littel things will tell you if the truck was cared for.

post some pics to give us a better idea of the condition shes in

Trent

depend of the engine, tranny... 81 got small cab and old fuel tank etc... worth less then 86 and up. it also depend of the quality of the truck, if it's a truck that have been abused for years or a truck maintened for years! take a look at the frame, double frame with the time open and crack... but 2000$ if the truck is plated and inspected, it seems to be nice...

I think in 86 they switched to galvanized sheet metal for the cab. The small cab went out in 73' but was regular sheet metal prone to rust when the paint chipped away.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

changed the cab in 85-86.. the back of it gain a few inches. only changes dash from metal to vynil in 72-73, am I right?

Actually it was the 66 to 72 models with the smaller cab.

In 73 on up they moved the rear cab wall back a few inches, changed to the newer style dashboard & used the adjustable steering column.

hummm not right HK, maybe they get the back longer 2 times... we hae 85 Mack with the small cab (behind look flat) and 86 with the new model

Well then somebody must have stuck an old cab on your 85, cause the gospel truth is that the larger type cab with the back wall extended out was introduced in 73.

Don't take my word for it, check with the Mack museum.

Well then somebody must have stuck an old cab on your 85, cause the gospel truth is that the larger type cab with the back wall extended out was introduced in 73.

Don't take my word for it, check with the Mack museum.

Im with H.K on this one. 72-73 was the chang over yers from the flat wall (old style) to the new cab. I want to say 85 or around there they changed to galvanized steel to reduce rust issues.

not shure if im correct but most old cabs I saw had a small handel to enter the cab ware the larger cabs had that long handel. anyone notice that or am I seeing things again.

Trent

I'm ready to put a 24 packs! yeap it's true they change the handle to grab in the truck in 72-73. but notice the back of the cab, one is flat and the other got a bigger curve at the bottom. in 72-73 they remove the old metal dash and green interior for the tan/beige one. nobody change the cab on my truck I'm sure of it...

they extended the cab a few inches in 85-86 at the sime time of the dark blue/gray interior.