Scania Engines On Mack?

Hello everybody,

Mack build some trucks with Scania engines, but What type? what year? and how many?

Best regards

Erwan

:mack1: for ever

They were RD,s or RS's models back in the late 70's/ early 80's Not sure on the volume of trucks, back then they offered all engines . scania ,cat ,cummins, detroit I even seen a Man in one but I beleive it was a trans plant!

They were RD,s or RS's models back in the late 70's/ early 80's Not sure on the volume of trucks, back then they offered all engines . scania ,cat ,cummins, detroit I even seen a Man in one but I beleive it was a trans plant!

The R400 and DM400 series had the Scania engines if I recall. They were lighter trucks with medium duty Diesel engines in them. I forget the model number but the engine was not labeled as Scania in Mack literature but was called an ENDT-4 something? It was actually sold as a Mack engine but retained all of the Scania labeling. Mack didn't have a medium duty engine so bought Scania engines and called them their own.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

The R400 and DM400 series had the Scania engines if I recall. They were lighter trucks with medium duty Diesel engines in them. I forget the model number but the engine was not labeled as Scania in Mack literature but was called an ENDT-4 something? It was actually sold as a Mack engine but retained all of the Scania labeling. Mack didn't have a medium duty engine so bought Scania engines and called them their own.

Mack made the END465 & END475 in conjunction with Scania not sure which was in the R-400 series. It was about equal to the Cat 3208 that Ford used. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

There were two small cu.in. Diesels Mack used in the R400 & the MB 400 one was a mack END 465 & a END 475 the 475 I think was the Scania built motor the other was a Mack built, the one I saw looked like a mini 673 with a rotor style inj. pump

BULLHUSK

The same one as on the J Deere 404 diesel.

This is from the Mack Catolog for the R-400 series

R401 END475 Mack Diesel

R403 END465C Mack /Scania Diesel

R411 EN414A Chrysler Gasoline

R482 3208 Cat Diesel

R483 6V-53N Detroit Diesel

R487 ENDT475 Mack Diesel

R493 V555 Cummins Diesel

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

We have had a few R400 single axles come through with 210 HP Scania engines. One had a large label on a valve cover that read "SAAB/ SCANIA- SWEDEN" with a five speed. behind it. I had a customer looking for a radiator for one the other day, I guess they are very dissimilar from a standard R model radiator, different layout and hose sizes.

Thanks,

Phil

phil@globaltrucktraders.com

www.globaltrucktraders.com

603-239-7008