Led Cab Lights

Ok so its been brought to my attention like a repeat bad dream that the clearence lights on my 2003 RB788S are not the correct lights. Now when I bought the truck it has 2 LED bulbs per light x 5 lights. On 3 different times Mack fans brought to my attention that these are not the correct lights the last owner must have pulled a fast one and switched the torpedo lights for these cheesy lights I have now. I wanna put on LED torpedo lights but I cant find the short center light so that I can open the roof vent. Does anybody have any advise on these lights suggestions are welcome

Have you tried Iowa 80?

www.iowa80.com

I have seen those on Iowa 80 but they all measure 15 1/2" long. The middle light has to be a little guy so you can open the vent. Im wondering if I can cut one down to the size I need and retap a mounting hole seal the back of the light of the section I cut off and call it a day??????

Ok so its been brought to my attention like a repeat bad dream that the clearence lights on my 2003 RB788S are not the correct lights. Now when I bought the truck it has 2 LED bulbs per light x 5 lights. On 3 different times Mack fans brought to my attention that these are not the correct lights the last owner must have pulled a fast one and switched the torpedo lights for these cheesy lights I have now. I wanna put on LED torpedo lights but I cant find the short center light so that I can open the roof vent. Does anybody have any advise on these lights suggestions are welcome

WOW that really is an oddball! 2003 RB788S with 2 LED bulbs per light x 5 lights!? bobo

Can't you get an LED bulb to fit into your current housing? There are tons of aftermarket bulbs for just about every standard bulb application. Most LED's fit in the same space and are the same shape as their old counterpart.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

The lights that are on here are truck-lite brand only 2 LED's in each light they look so out of place the truck should have the torpedo's the truck just does not look like how it should every mack buff breaks my balls!!!!

The lights that are on here are truck-lite brand only 2 LED's in each light they look so out of place the truck should have the torpedo's the truck just does not look like how it should every mack buff breaks my balls!!!!

I should send "Momma" off to Conneticut to visit. Just mention you have a Mack and you'll no longer need to worry about getting your balls busted.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

What I did a few years back was ordered the center bullet light from mack and then bought the other 4 lights from a chrome shop. the style and bulb type were all the same, If you want LED you can buy LED "bulbs" that fit the socket. you can get the bright LED bulbs from $5-$14 each. Check out this site for bulbs

http://www.truxaccessories.com/main/LED_Bulb.html

What I did a few years back was ordered the center bullet light from mack and then bought the other 4 lights from a chrome shop. the style and bulb type were all the same, If you want LED you can buy LED "bulbs" that fit the socket. you can get the bright LED bulbs from $5-$14 each. Check out this site for bulbs

http://www.truxaccessories.com/main/LED_Bulb.html

This is why I love this site!!! Ok let me try that idea.

Thanks a lot I'll let you know how i Make out

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is why I love this site!!! Ok let me try that idea.

Thanks a lot I'll let you know how i Make out

:SMOKIE-LFT:

How about some business cards to hand out when someone heads for the cab lights subject that say "If I wanted the same cab lights all the other trucks of this model have,I'd be concerned,but I don't,so I'm not. Thanks for looking." You can get em free except a little shipping online. I ordered cards a couple of years ago from Vistaprint,and they only cost me about 5 bucks shipping.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>