My Wife Say Its Hopeless

These are my AC's The hoodless one is serial numbers to a 1929. The other is a 1935. One crane is unknow the second is a Quik-Way ex navy unit. So far I've done one engine out of two, one refurbished trans axle and one rebuildable spare. The pair of chassis' will give me one good one with a few brackets and parts left over. The suspenion and front axles are next in line followed by coming up with a modern radiator for the original housing. The sheet metal has to be a mix of what is there and what I find at ATHS and HERSEY meets. The cranes are for now far down the road, although I hope to end up with something from them.

Funny thing is, ams many that were build it seems most didn't survive WWII scrap drives or were just worked to death.. The carborator turned out to be the same as a 20's Buick /Oakland. The magneto parts fit Ace and Indian 4 cylionder motorcycles. A real learnig curve. When I some day get to my 'B' mixer I should have a cake walk.. :thumb: .. Paul

post-3242-047438000 1283557008_thumb.jpg

post-3242-005043300 1283557032_thumb.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Looks like you have your work cut out for you! i heard a good quote on that "american pickers" TV show,they were talking about rare parts for some type motorcycle,and the one guy says "these things are so hard to find parts for,i've seen guys build one out of oilstains!"......anyway,best of luck,i sure like the AC series trucks,its what macks are all about!...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

They look worse in photos than in person. The '29 (the one with no sheetmetal) actually ran, that blue gas can was enough to move it to where we took the photo. Them and my "B' mixer were at Roanoke Cement in Riverhead L.I. The AC's were in a shed and were mainly intact until they were vandalized. The Mixer is a different story. Parked when the yard was closed in 1975 with 5 or 6 yards of concrete in the drum. I haven't figured what I'm going to do with that part.The mixer is an early Challenger unit from 1962 .......maybe give my grand son a lump hammer and a treasure map :D

post-3242-045505300 1283648437_thumb.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 months later...

Looks like you're right into it, mate. Good luck. Seeing the condition of the ACs and the work you're doing on them gives me some inspiration for some E-models I'm trying not to get too excited about. Can do anything if you set your mind to it and keep your patience and an open mind!

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

They look worse in photos than in person. The '29 (the one with no sheetmetal) actually ran, that blue gas can was enough to move it to where we took the photo. Them and my "B' mixer were at Roanoke Cement in Riverhead L.I. The AC's were in a shed and were mainly intact until they were vandalized. The Mixer is a different story. Parked when the yard was closed in 1975 with 5 or 6 yards of concrete in the drum. I haven't figured what I'm going to do with that part.The mixer is an early Challenger unit from 1962 .......maybe give my grand son a lump hammer and a treasure map :D

post-3242-045505300 1283648437_thumb.jpg

I know a guy that can make you a new drum if you desire. Oherwise a 35# jackhammer will get through it on relatively short order. Just be really careful around the sidewalls as it's easy to puncture.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Have you checked with any of the larger ready mix suppliers in your area to see if they have an old drum? I know of at least one ready mix carrier around here that keeps "spares" from old trucks to replace those that are damaged.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!