New Mack Vehicle

proto type for new cabover?

I think they just took a Prevost (not cheap!) motor coach and modified the grill. It's supposed to be on tour now, showing off Mack's remanufacturing capabilities.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I think they just took a Prevost (not cheap!) motor coach and modified the grill. It's supposed to be on tour now, showing off Mack's remanufacturing capabilities.

Never seen anything smaller than 40' from Prevost. Looks like a Pace Arrow....

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a press release regarding the D13 engine: http://www.prevostca...wsid=1270673937

Oh please:

Ste. Claire, Quebec, April 7, 2010—Prevost is proud to announce that they will manufacture all of their vehicles with Volvo’s D13 Engine.

OH MY GOD! REALLY! AMAZING! Just what I have been waiting for my whole life! (sarcasm)

As if they would have announced anything different. Of course they are going to try and sell their own name, they are Volvo. Arrogant jerks. :rolleyes:

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Oh please:

Ste. Claire, Quebec, April 7, 2010—Prevost is proud to announce that they will manufacture all of their vehicles with Volvo’s D13 Engine.

OH MY GOD! REALLY! AMAZING! Just what I have been waiting for my whole life! (sarcasm)

As if they would have announced anything different. Of course they are going to try and sell their own name, they are Volvo. Arrogant jerks. :rolleyes:

I think (not sure as I'm not a motorhome type of guy, and even if I was, theirs are way out of my price range) traditionally Prevost used Detroit engines. Seems like I saw somewhere when looking for this information that it was Mercedes' decision, not Volvo's, to pull the Detroit out of the Prevost as they did not want their engine being used in a competitors chassis. Volvo probably would have given the Detroit engine the axe anyway for the reasons you stated. I think Mercedes just beat Volvo to the punch on this one.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I've never seen anything that looks like that at Prevost and they sure don't do a small unit like that,,,,,,, www.prevostcar.com

I've never seen anything that looks like that at Prevost and they sure don't do a small unit like that,,,,,,, www.prevostcar.com

Mr. Millwood told me it's actually made by Winnebago.

• 4 weeks later...