Get A Load Of This....

Well over on Hanks site someone just posted this picture. Now we know what a Mack with a Volvo cab will look like. Its used for a truck pull and is custom made not an official Mack prototype or anything. Eh not that bad but still they better not put that awful Volvo dash in there.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I'd expect to see it in production in a few years after the cab agreement with Mayflower runs out. BTW, we haven't seen any info on the 2007 MR and LE models yet...

Its interesting to see what happens with the MR and the LE. Its so common for refuse here in NY its like its manditory to have Macks :D . Only seen one Peterbilt 320, western star packer, IH 7600, even saw a Scania once. Every Truck for Bartlett Dairy distributors is an MR, they won't use anything else for their tandem delivery trucks. Every NYC Sanitation truck is Mack (MR, LE, RD) save for the few Crane Carries that might be around still. Just about every private carting comapny uses Mack MR's and some DM & R models. Its ALL MACK here. If mack discontinues those models it will piss allot of people off! Since volvo sold off the Autocar Expiditor mish mash they dont have and Low entry cabovers. Maybe they are still working on the MP7 models?

I like the Volvo cab, the VH is a good looking truck. I just hope Mack uses the cab shell and nothing else.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Well over on Hanks site someone just posted this picture. Now we know what a Mack with a Volvo cab will look like. Its used for a truck pull and is custom made not an official Mack prototype or anything. Eh not that bad but still they better not put that awful Volvo dash in there.

Guess we all knew it would happen sooner or later.

I'm gonna have to go slam my head against the wall a few times!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I always wanted to buy a brand new mack and spec it just the way I wanted it. Now that I have the money, they pretty much don't make a Mack any more.

You would think that the people at Mack would know, what we want is an RD with a dry sleeve Maxidyne engine in about the 400HP range, Some kind of inline fuel pump like an American Bosch APE series, not that E-tech junk, Some kind of trans like a TRXL107 or TRXXL107 but capable of handling about 2000 FP of torque, And 44.000 or 55,000 Camelback suspention on bronze bushings 92, 93 or 112, 113 carriers.

I know you have to make it all electronic, but please make the harness a little heavier, and make some plugs and connectors that will stand up to severe service.

Seeing what Volvo has done to Mack, makes me want to bang my head against the wall too.

I'd prefer the old cab too, and I wish they'd go back to putting the V-Mac electornics in the cab- we found our Postal Service MRs would ford over 30 inches of water without missing a beat. That said:

I'll take a Granite tractor with MP7 Maxidyne @ 405 horsepower, 8 speed extended range Maxitorque, 14k and 44k Mack axles on Camelback, and a 3/8th inch single rail frame to go...