Mighty Hot In Virginia

vision386

Been mighty hot down here in virginia the past few days, but it's really starting to get bad!............Mark

Yup,,i do believe it overheated. Its brutally hot here in texas, and have the high humidity to go with it. Heh,,i been soaking that red bandana in the ice water can and just wearing it on top of my head, and trying to quit early. randy

nancy boys-over 80 at 5 am every day here. mid 90 and humid every day. been like that since june and won't it change until Oct.

If'n we get a ' cane, it gets worse as the A/C in the house won't work. I be working 12-15 hr days $$$$$$$$$

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

nancy boys-over 80 at 5 am every day here. mid 90 and humid every day. been like that since june and won't it change until Oct.

If'n we get a ' cane, it gets worse as the A/C in the house won't work. I be working 12-15 hr days $$$$$$$$$

Thermometer in the back yard, in the shade, currently reads 102

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

When the money flows you go.Maybe you'll make enough to fix the AC in the house,I'm betting the AC in the truck is kicking.

qAC

When the money flows you go.Maybe you'll make enough to fix the AC in the house,I'm betting the AC in the truck is kicking.

A/C in the house won't work if the power is out. been 7 days, 7 days and 6 days due to storms in the past.Have a seperate room that can run on generator. Has small A/C, coffee pot, microwave, fridge, and TV/DVD. It's OK for a couple days, but with 4 people, 2 dogs, it gets claustraphobic. Gen. can also run fridge in house a ceiling fans on covered patio.

as far as truck unit, turned on at startup, moved to med fan about 9, full by 11. Keep filter clean, blow out condenser weekly, and try to enjoy

qAC

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

"Has small A/C, coffee pot, microwave, fridge, and TV/DVD"

Some people call this a "sleeper". I have a 36" that came off a R model sitting on the ground at my shop. It has a mud flap swinging in the crawl through hole and a window unit in the end. When it's above 95, you drive up to the gate and my German Shepherd sticks his head out, looks to see who it is, and then pulls back inside and goes back to his nap.

There is no AC in "Killer B", I keep a big cooler in passenger floorboard with bottled water iced down. I moved 4 pieces of equipment with it yesterday, temp was 101, I think it was about 130 in cab,,,heh heh,,I ran out of bottled water and started drinking the melted ice water in cooler, kinda rank, but wet. Randy

qAC

Hot here again today.

post-6084-079141800 1279588165_thumb.jpg

Took out some steaks for dinner

post-6084-042355100 1279588264_thumb.jpg

Was all ready to cook them on the grill

post-6084-033709600 1279588243_thumb.jpg

Decided it was too hot to cook on the grill, but I remembered hearing about a guy walking barefoot on the pavement with this result

post-6084-078749600 1279588808_thumb.jpg

So I decided to throw the steaks on the pavement and see if they would cook. I think they were out there a little too long

post-6084-042607400 1279588875_thumb.jpg

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

My brother used to fill plastic bottles with water and freeze them. When he was in the field on a tractor all day he'd have cold water as they melted. A 2 liter bottle or 2 will last a long time...just a thought. (Paul Van Scott)

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.