Look What Came Today

As you may have read previously, I sold my MH612. Today the new owner came to get it. Here is a picture of it being taken away. Sure am going to miss it. :( At least it is going to a good home with other Macks.

post-3289-037782800 1279232052_thumb.jpg

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

As you may have read previously, I sold my MH612. Today the new owner came to get it. Here is a picture of it being taken away. Sure am going to miss it. :( At least it is going to a good home with other Macks.

That's almost like having to put your family dog to sleep.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Yes it was the family dog! I have bought and sold many items (including 2 previous MHs) in my time but my heart was a little heavy today when I saw it leave. I will have another Mack truck some day, just not sure what model and when.

Ken

Sad to see her go. I know you were mixed emotionaly about selling. I still have the pic of it in my driveway.

Hi Greg! Thanks for the post and good to see you back on BMT. I hope you are doing well. Yes mixed emotions concerning the sale. I fought the battle with DOT and won (I think) but time is the main issue. I only drove it once this year (to get fuel). So rather than leave it sitting around, it is better to go to someone who will use the truck. I did not make any money on the deal (nor loose my shirt) but at least it is gone. When I buy another Mack, it will need to be at least 25 years old so I can license it as a "historical vehicle" and avoid some of the regulations crap. I like the CH612 and E7 engine but will need to wait a few years until they are 25 years old. In the meantime I am going to take some time and think about my next purchase. Maybe I should start buying CH parts in preparation... B)

Ken