I Don't Know What To Say:

Rob

With my upcoming school at Eaton Power Systems in Raleigh, NC the third week of July, Momma has decided to come along to keep an eye on me. She says that anytime I go away from home there is a Mack truck, or something Mack related involved and there ain't gonna be no more of that shit happening. She done scheduled time off work at the toenail dressing place, invited daughter Nikki, and her mom to come along too. I know the next thing she'll be demanding I do is find her a fine cutlery shop. I don't believe nothing about no silver taninshing or something to that tune she talks about neither.

I don't know if this is a good thing or not. Will sure curtail my freelancing and carousing.

Are chillidogs common there? Are they any good? I don't like to deal with Momma if she hasn't had a couple chilli cheese dogs in the morning. When I had a military school at Bethpage, NY, (Grumman Aircraft) I swear the woman bought the complete stock of Coney Dogs in the local area. Didn't leave me much room for ice cream for about a week. Actually had to purchase an electric freezer for the van to transport them back home.

Since I'll need to prolly do a bit of the family thing, What is there interesting to see in the area?

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

"Oh Rob, I think it would be soooo much fun. Like a vacation, but you get paid. Raleigh is an old city so maybe they have some nice little antique shops and cute little cafe's. Nikki can come with us, OH my sister would just love that kind of place. WE can have lunch together then go out to some of those fancy souther BBQ stops and maybe try some real down home cooking they always talk about. do you think we will see black people? Are they still slaves there? May be go on a tour of the fancy southern mansions like "Gone With the Wind" I cant wait to go. What kind of weather do they have there? Will it be hot? rainy? Your in the weather thing, ask some of your friends. Is that near the ocean? maybe a day at the beach. I should get a new bathing suit. ........ "

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Hey, Rob

While you're at Eaton school, pick me up a brochure on the CORRECT way to shift the 18-speed RoadRanger, please!

Thanks

Jim

Hey Jim, this school is the factory that builds large UPS systems for buildings. These new radar systems are so electronics dependent they cannot be without power for even a tenth of a second or they go stupid. This set I'm going to school for will support a 300 ampere draw for 30 minutes. And this is a reletively small unit!!

I don't know where the EATON school for drivetrain is. I tried to drive one of those 18 speeds myself once and didn't get the hang of it but was only for about 15 minutes.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ill come meet you with the Mack and then you can tell her you just bought it. Theres a bunch of stuff in Raleigh , how long will you be there , for the full week?

Hi Jay, yes I will be there all week. The class runs from 7:30am till 3:30pm daily all five days. We plan to run around extensively during the evening hours cause ole Momma's belly gets to growling after about 4:00pm and she is much easier to deal with when not hungry. Besides complaining, that girl loves to eat. Makes my daughter's eyes not be so crossed as she gazes in amazement watching her mom eat two double 1/4 pounders with cheese, and xtra large order or fries or two, and 1.5 large chocolate shakes that I finish up for her.

Fortunately through the years I've gotten her trained to announce when she is about to blow so we can get the windows rolled down first. We had a rough couple of years there and I don't think my smelling senses have returned to normal as of yet. They may be permanently impacted but I don't know for sure.

We are planning to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway upon our departure. When the kids were little and I was in the NAVY we drove it twice, once in the spring, and once in the fall when the trees were turning. Never will forget it. Want to visit Appomatox Courthouse again also. The kids were small then and I'd like my daughter to see it again.

Hoping to meet a lot of the folks on this board from anyplace around the area too.

Rob

"Oh Rob, I think it would be soooo much fun. Like a vacation, but you get paid. Raleigh is an old city so maybe they have some nice little antique shops and cute little cafe's. Nikki can come with us, OH my sister would just love that kind of place. WE can have lunch together then go out to some of those fancy souther BBQ stops and maybe try some real down home cooking they always talk about. do you think we will see black people? Are they still slaves there? May be go on a tour of the fancy southern mansions like "Gone With the Wind" I cant wait to go. What kind of weather do they have there? Will it be hot? rainy? Your in the weather thing, ask some of your friends. Is that near the ocean? maybe a day at the beach. I should get a new bathing suit. ........ "

All this vacation excitement makes me want to get my nails did,,,Randy

Hey rob, yep you can get some pretty good chillidogs around raleigh/durham,weird thing about the south though,they put coleslaw on em'! being a transplanted "yankee" myself, thought this was a little strange. I'm not sure all what can be seen in the area familywise,but there are a number of historical type places scattered throughout the area. And should a "mack attack" take place you will only be about an hour from macks new headquarters in greensboro, located just off I-40 at exit 210,they have a giant gold bulldog out front,next to a new pinnacle daycab should make a pretty nice "photo op" if you have the time,and according to the sign out on the interstate,the new mack shop has just opened visitors welcome! when the date gets nearer,maybe we can visit for a while,i'm not all that far from where you will be (provided i'm home) been working an awful lot lately! seems my wife an boy have grown accustomed to living indoors and eating 3 meals a day!............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

...and I USED to think I was funny...that's absolutely hilarious! :lol:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Hi Jay, yes I will be there all week. The class runs from 7:30am till 3:30pm daily all five days. We plan to run around extensively during the evening hours cause ole Momma's belly gets to growling after about 4:00pm and she is much easier to deal with when not hungry. Besides complaining, that girl loves to eat. Makes my daughter's eyes not be so crossed as she gazes in amazement watching her mom eat two double 1/4 pounders with cheese, and xtra large order or fries or two, and 1.5 large chocolate shakes that I finish up for her.

Fortunately through the years I've gotten her trained to announce when she is about to blow so we can get the windows rolled down first. We had a rough couple of years there and I don't think my smelling senses have returned to normal as of yet. They may be permanently impacted but I don't know for sure.

We are planning to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway upon our departure. When the kids were little and I was in the NAVY we drove it twice, once in the spring, and once in the fall when the trees were turning. Never will forget it. Want to visit Appomatox Courthouse again also. The kids were small then and I'd like my daughter to see it again.

Hoping to meet a lot of the folks on this board from anyplace around the area too.

Rob

You spelt Appomattox wrong. I used to live 6 or 7 miles from the surrender grounds. You need to come by here that day, or sometime,and i'll have some ribs,chicken,boston butt,and bubba burgers on the grill. We could even go to P.L.Duncan's and look at all the many old trucks,mostly Macks,that he has and not buy any-Momma and Nikki would love that.

The high's around here lately has been about 73 degrees during the day,dropping down to about 67 at night. :rolleyes:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY

2 choices

1) stop by the local high school, ask to borrow the FULL set of catchers gear, put it on, then tell her

IT'S A BUSINESS TRIP

2) yes dear

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Hey Jim, this school is the factory that builds large UPS systems for buildings. These new radar systems are so electronics dependent they cannot be without power for even a tenth of a second or they go stupid. This set I'm going to school for will support a 300 ampere draw for 30 minutes. And this is a reletively small unit!!

I don't know where the EATON school for drivetrain is. I tried to drive one of those 18 speeds myself once and didn't get the hang of it but was only for about 15 minutes.

Rob

The 18 speed is very simple to drive,easy to operate. Think of it as having a 9 speed with a hi-lo in each gear-kinda like having a 2 speed rear. It's like a 13 speed,except you can split the low side too-seldom necessary- except when you're taking off loaded going uphill,then it's sweet!

But then again,I just drive it,don't know if I drive it "properly" or not.

Hey rob, yep you can get some pretty good chillidogs around raleigh/durham,weird thing about the south though,they put coleslaw on em'! being a transplanted "yankee" myself, thought this was a little strange. I'm not sure all what can be seen in the area familywise,but there are a number of historical type places scattered throughout the area. And should a "mack attack" take place you will only be about an hour from macks new headquarters in greensboro, located just off I-40 at exit 210,they have a giant gold bulldog out front,next to a new pinnacle daycab should make a pretty nice "photo op" if you have the time,and according to the sign out on the interstate,the new mack shop has just opened visitors welcome! when the date gets nearer,maybe we can visit for a while,i'm not all that far from where you will be (provided i'm home) been working an awful lot lately! seems my wife an boy have grown accustomed to living indoors and eating 3 meals a day!............Mark

Moore's Country Store is world famous for their chili dogs-they're right on 460, both the original store,closer to Lynchburg,and the one in Spout Spring,between Lynchburg and Concord.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/moores-country-store-lynchburg

You should come over with Rob,Jay,and David from Raleigh,and ??? and i'll prepare a delicious,yet nutritious,meal on the grill. After a trip to Appomattox would be good, because i'll need a while to cook the boston butt,ribs,chicken,and...uh...who knows, maybe a vegetable.

I'm tellin ya, a trip to P.L.Duncan's is almost like going to a museum.Anyone who likes old trucks would enjoy that visit. And as I said, Mr. Duncan is a really nice man and loves to show his trucks to people who are into old trucks.

I don't take 501 from here to Raleigh,I take 29 to Danville,then 86 to I-85,then 147 over to I-40. Too many stop lights on 501 getting out of Raleigh-Durham.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY

2 choices

1) stop by the local high school, ask to borrow the FULL set of catchers gear, put it on, then tell her

IT'S A BUSINESS TRIP

2) yes dear

I suggested to Rob before that he get one of these-

Moore's Country Store is world famous for their chili dogs-they're right on 460, both the original store,closer to Lynchburg,and the one in Spout Spring,between Lynchburg and Concord.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/moores-country-store-lynchburg

You should come over with Rob,Jay,and David from Raleigh,and ??? and i'll prepare a delicious,yet nutritious,meal on the grill. After a trip to Appomattox would be good, because i'll need a while to cook the boston butt,ribs,chicken,and maybe a vegetable.

I don't take 501 from here to Raleigh,I take 29 to Danville,then 86 to I-85,then 147 over to I-40. Too many stop lights on 501 getting out of Raleigh-Durham.

Now that sounds like a plan! i ain't very far,looks like you're only about 55-60 miles from me, i'm just south of martinsville right where 220 and 87 intersect,i'm about 8 miles north of eden,NC time gets closer maybe we can all make plans to get together, kinda make a day of it, i been doin some damn hard runnin' and i could sure use a break!............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Now that sounds like a plan! i ain't very far,looks like you're only about 55-60 miles from me, i'm just south of martinsville right where 220 and 87 intersect,i'm about 8 miles north of eden,NC time gets closer maybe we can all make plans to get together, kinda make a day of it, i been doin some damn hard runnin' and i could sure use a break!............Mark

sounds great! We're still running steady too. I'm leaving tomorrow for Sandusky,Ohio.