Question For The Community...

I had a customer call me and ask how to keep mice from getting into his B-Model whil in storage? I figured I would pose the question to you guys...

He said he tried moth balls but there is still evidence of mice...any other suggestions will be helpful!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Hi,

use fabric softner sheets, like bounce. Throw the sheets around where the little boogers can find them, they will try and use them for building a nest. The smell and the chemicals on the dryer sheets will run them away. don't use the unsented ones, they dont work. They also smell alot better than moth balls. Oh I forgot the best one..... get a cat..works for me.

fredpost-63-1156180678_thumb.jpg

15 gears...no waiting!

I had a customer call me and ask how to keep mice from getting into his B-Model whil in storage? I figured I would pose the question to you guys...

He said he tried moth balls but there is still evidence of mice...any other suggestions will be helpful!

In AZ we have a problem with pack rats. I use the 3" chlorine tablets for a pool, just scatter a few around under the truck. I also put 2 lights, one incandesent and floresent, which either keeps them away or makes it easier to see which wires they want to eat. I have not had a problem for 2 years using the two techniques above

Hydroflouric acid and Maple syrup stirred together but it leaves carcasses behind.

Use a low rim plastic container to hold the mixture so they will not tip or spill it. Also, keep away from anything you do not want to kill as it is fatal once ingested.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

LOL I usually keep a few in my 800. In fact I crushed one with the air seat once...yeeech..lol. I like the soap ideas...I dont care much for the anti-freeze one because they will just die in my truck where I cant find em.....yeeech again..lol.