Hello From B67 Bulldog

Shawn Barrett

My name is Shawn Barrett and I am from Pennsylvania very near Macungie Pa. {A very important place to us Mack fans.} I am 21 years old and last month I purchased a 1964 B67 Mack that used to be owned by my father James Barrett 30 some years ago. I tracked it down and brought it back home after a few years of searching. I will go into more detail in the "truck story" section later. However I am happy to be a new member of the forum and Im excited to meet and talk to my fellow Mack fans. I will be restoring my dads old truck soon and I'm sure I'll be looking for information from the Mack experts. I am just resting up from being at the Macungie truck show Alllllll day yesterday and what a show it was, awesome turn out of trucks and awesome weather. I just wish they would've continued the show into today Sunday...... I woulda been there! So I'm pumped up about the old Dog after seeing so many fine examples yesterday, I took some pics of it today and I'll be sure to post them for the rest of you to enjoy.

post-6282-034183400 1277089270_thumb.jpg

post-6282-088740900 1277089299_thumb.jpg

post-6282-082302900 1277089354_thumb.jpg

post-6282-011538900 1277089399_thumb.jpg

My name is Shawn Barrett and I am from Pennsylvania very near Macungie Pa. {A very important place to us Mack fans.} I am 21 years old and last month I purchased a 1964 B67 Mack that used to be owned by my father James Barrett 30 some years ago. I tracked it down and brought it back home after a few years of searching. I will go into more detail in the "truck story" section later. However I am happy to be a new member of the forum and Im excited to meet and talk to my fellow Mack fans. I will be restoring my dads old truck soon and I'm sure I'll be looking for information from the Mack experts. I am just resting up from being at the Macungie truck show Alllllll day yesterday and what a show it was, awesome turn out of trucks and awesome weather. I just wish they would've continued the show into today Sunday...... I woulda been there! So I'm pumped up about the old Dog after seeing so many fine examples yesterday, I took some pics of it today and I'll be sure to post them for the rest of you to enjoy.

NICE RIDE, GOOD TO SEE YOUNG BLOOD INTERESTED.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Actually I'm planning on turning it back to a tractor. If you are interested I wrote up a pretty lengthy backstory on the truck and my father who it used to belong to in the "Truck Stories" section. B67 Bulldog

Another B67 on the site? Man them trucks is hard for a fat man to drive!! My personal ambition is to lose enough physical bulk so I can turn mine, and the steering wheel return to center without fighting for space with my gut but that might be awhile.

That is a very nice truck and corresponding story. Finding the truck, pursuing the unit, then finally acquiring it is quite an accomplishment and my congratulations are offered. They really are nice little trucks but are "tight" for a guy my size to operate.

Plenty of both useful knowlege and bullshit to be had around here so enjoy. A lot of us have varied backgrounds but are willing to share what we know, (which in my case is extremely little) but we try to help.

Since you are looking to return your's to a tractor, here are some photos of mine although it is a tandem.

Welcome to the site.

Rob

post-78-016254500 1277211576_thumb.jpg

post-78-098870600 1277211579_thumb.jpg

post-78-039275700 1277211581_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 10 months later...

hey welcome aboard shawn,,,nice to see you found it,,it looks like somebody took pretty good care of it,,you must be just jacked..to have a piece of your childhood back,,wish i was so lucky...its nice to see young people on the site,instead of a bunch of grouchy old fat guys,like me,,,have tons of fun with it my freind,theres no end to the information on this site,you will enjoy it..best of luck with it..keep in touch...bob

• 2 weeks later...