Got A Little Trucking Done Today

other dog

Parked the truck at the south Lynchburg truckstop Friday because I've got to load in Lynchburg in the morning. That saves some time and miles not having to go all the way to Concord to get it, besides that the yard in Concord is so small it's hard to even find somewhere to park on weekends. That's where I usually park it on weekends, at the truckstop. Plenty of room, never a problem finding a parking spot. I even park way down in the corner farthest from the truckstop, out of everybody's way and nobody ever said a word.

Well, dispatcher Neal called me this morning and said somebody called him yesterday from the truckstop and said the truck needed to be moved by this afternoon or it would be towed. He said he forgot to call me yesterday- good thing too, I was cooking a pork loin. Anyway, I said something like "WTF?!! It IS a truckstop, why can't you park a truck there?". He said he didn't know, they just wanted it moved. Maybe they didn't like it being parked there over the weekend because I wasn't spending money there, but I did get fuel there occasionally. Over 200 gallons week before last, and went in the store a lot to get drinks, snacks, and what-not.

I just don't know- When I went up there to get it a little while ago it was down in the corner all by itself-the nearest truck to it was about 50 yards away and there was room to park about 50 more trucks in that truckstop.

I moved it down here behind the store. Didn't go in and ask what the problem was. If they go out of business because I don't buy any more fuel, drinks, or snacks from them-good! They can kiss my a**.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Parked the truck at the south Lynchburg truckstop Friday because I've got to load in Lynchburg in the morning. That saves some time and miles not having to go all the way to Concord to get it, besides that the yard in Concord is so small it's hard to even find somewhere to park on weekends. That's where I usually park it on weekends, at the truckstop. Plenty of room, never a problem finding a parking spot. I even park way down in the corner farthest from the truckstop, out of everybody's way and nobody ever said a word.

Well, dispatcher Neal called me this morning and said somebody called him yesterday from the truckstop and said the truck needed to be moved by this afternoon or it would be towed. He said he forgot to call me yesterday- good thing too, I was cooking a pork loin. Anyway, I said something like "WTF?!! It IS a truckstop, why can't you park a truck there?". He said he didn't know, they just wanted it moved. Maybe they didn't like it being parked there over the weekend because I wasn't spending money there, but I did get fuel there occasionally. Over 200 gallons week before last, and went in the store a lot to get drinks, snacks, and what-not.

I just don't know- When I went up there to get it a little while ago it was down in the corner all by itself-the nearest truck to it was about 50 yards away and there was room to park about 50 more trucks in that truckstop.

I moved it down here behind the store. Didn't go in and ask what the problem was. If they go out of business because I don't buy any more fuel, drinks, or snacks from them-good! They can kiss my a**.

I let school busses turn around on my property whenever they need. Also let anyone that breaks down along the highway park their vehicles overnight should they require. One bus driver in the pouring rain was a bit too ignorant to stay on the gravel of the parking lot and went trapesing across my lawn and rutted it quite deeply spinning the tires as she was sinking. No apologies, or anything. When I seen the potty mouthed cunt and asked her about it, she acknowleged she was unfamiliar with the arrangement but not before calling me an asshole. A well place telephone call took care of the problem. A single call eliminated her position, and brought eight high schoolers from the industrial arts class to fix the yard to my liking. The industrial arts classes used to field trip to the shop quite often to "job shadow". Funny how much easier it was to have high schoolers that were highly motivated around. I'd get more done in four manhours per student than I'd get from my own employees by far with no bitching. In return I think they received good training. Some furthered a future in the auto body industry. I'm still paid a visit ever now and then by former students.

Basically I believe in taking care of those that take care of me. I would make it a point to patronize the business if it is taken from. This very possibly could work in everyone's favor.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

...Also let anyone that breaks down along the highway park their vehicles overnight should they require...

Rob

great! next time I break down-I mean IF I should have the misfortune to break down again-i'm coming over there.

Thank you.

great! next time I break down-I mean IF I should have the misfortune to break down again-i'm coming over there.

Thank you.

Great!! You drive a Pete. You will break down!! Scrap prices are at an all time high for them trucks no matter the condition!! Come on down!!, (Bob Barker, of Price is Right! fame).

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It may be a longer commute for you other dog but you are welcome to park here in the wide open spaces of texas, but i will warn you, "Clem" likes to sharpen his horns on tires or bumpers every now and then,,,Randy

post-4330-099805100 1277078196_thumb.jpg

It may be a longer commute for you other dog but you are welcome to park here in the wide open spaces of texas, but i will warn you, "Clem" likes to sharpen his horns on tires or bumpers every now and then,,,Randy

Thanks, i'll keep that in mind...hey Clem-how you doin'?

Thanks, i'll keep that in mind...hey Clem-how you doin'?

Tom,

I think it's time to make a gravy run to Texas. I mean meat run......I wonder how much room in yours and my freezer that Clem would take up? We would need to go by the Road Kill CAFE so he could get some to add to the Menu.

mike

Tom,

I think it's time to make a gravy run to Texas. I mean meat run......I wonder how much room in yours and my freezer that Clem would take up? We would need to go by the Road Kill CAFE so he could get some to add to the Menu.

mike

Clem would definitely be one big bag of jerky, theres been more than a few times I have threatened to string him up too,,,,Randy

Clem would definitely be one big bag of jerky, theres been more than a few times I have threatened to string him up too,,,,Randy

OtherDog will be excited when he see's this thread and most likely be ready for a Claira ( Where's Tha Beef ) run to Texas.

mike

Those horns would make great powder horns. I got this civil war Confederate Sharp Shooters rifle called a WhitWorth. It was made famous here in Tennessee by only the best of the best shots in Gen. Patrick Cleburnes regiment. Only three were sent to this outfit. I have one of the stories of one man of that outfit. You would not believe the size of the lead bullet.It is 2 inches long, and is a 45 caliber not like the enfields the privates used such as a 69 caliber. Believe it or not I have shot this gun over a picket fence with some renactors laying on the ground in front of the muzzle and could not stand the sharp crack with only 60 grams of powder behind the bullet. It is louder than other calibers. The recoil is just like an artillary piece where it comes straight back, not up in the air.

mike

Those horns would make great powder horns. I got this civil war Confederate Sharp Shooters rifle called a WhitWorth. It was made famous here in Tennessee by only the best of the best shots in Gen. Patrick Cleburnes regiment. Only three were sent to this outfit. I have one of the stories of one man of that outfit. You would not believe the size of the lead bullet.It is 2 inches long, and is a 45 caliber not like the enfields the privates used such as a 69 caliber. Believe it or not I have shot this gun over a picket fence with some renactors laying on the ground in front of the muzzle and could not stand the sharp crack with only 60 grams of powder behind the bullet. It is louder than other calibers. The recoil is just like an artillary piece where it comes straight back, not up in the air.

mike

Well if Clem dont behave you just might have some powderhorns. One thing you dont do, is park anything really cleaned up and shiny around him, if he manages to catch a glimpse of his own reflection, all hell is gonna break loose. Randy

Well if Clem dont behave you just might have some powderhorns. One thing you dont do, is park anything really cleaned up and shiny around him, if he manages to catch a glimpse of his own reflection, all hell is gonna break loose. Randy

Nothin' clean and shiny huh? guess i won't bring my tired iron around then!....Mark

post-5836-059705700 1277166034_thumb.jpg

post-5836-040414500 1277166068_thumb.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.