How Many Fiberglass Tilt Hood B Models Were Made?

I'm curious as to how many B models were made with the fiberglass tilt hood like the one below. If you ask me in the front it looks alot like a Superliner 1. I would love to find one of these or at least just the hood. Does any body on here have one? I have pictures of three of them. One of which was a blue dump truck in Pittsburg, Pa[i wonder if it's still there :unsure: ].

Thanks, Josh.

Clariben made them for B models and I think LT models. (as well as other MFG) the old Celli Trucking Mack Dealer (near Ohare airport) had a trailer with 10 of them all used. All got junked about 6 years ago when they were claaning up the yard before it was sold and knocked down.... I know of a guy out in CA that has 1 or 2 in misc conditions.

Cant recall if he has them on a B or L cab?

PM me if intrested and can put you in touch with him....

I saw one for sale that was posted in the Wheels Of Time magazine in Tennessee back about early 2008. It was light blue and was a B model that looked like a regular B front-end with 2 headlights. It had a sleeper and was tandem. I thought it was probably a fluff and I wanted no part in looking at it but, the price was decent at the time. I'll look again for my copy of the magazine.

mike

I posted the Clariben Brochure in the Wiki pages for everyone to see. Check it out, it shows the hoods that they build for all of the models. These were essentially replacement aftemarket tilt hoods to replace the butterfly hood OEM set-up. The tilt hood made for easier servicing.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

I never really knew all that much about these tilt-hood conversions,i am doing a little research on them myself. I only ever saw one in person,it was back in the 70's on the new jersey turnpike, did'nt know what i had seen at the time,the only reason it sticks out in my mind so much is the way the truck i saw was painted,it was dark green, with the "tiger mouth" and eyes much like a WWII P-40 warhawk (flying tigers) i never saw the truck again,but noted it was pulling an older style great dane reefer and appeared to be an owner/operator type outfit. Sure woulda made a great picture!........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Someone had posted somewhere that these hoods were often used on trucks with a crash damaged front end. It would have made for a cheap and easy repair.

Just noticed that the truck in the first picture does not have side windows in the sleeper. Don't recall seeing another like that.

Edited by PZ 1