Shiny Dump Body

other dog

I was sitting at a red light on rt. 51 in Pittsburgh Thursday minding my own business when a great looking black Peterbilt dump truck pulled beside me. Didn't get a picture of the cab because I was afraid it would upset Rob, but the whole body was polished so you could see yourself in it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Your reflection and it didn't crack??????

That has got to be expensive. Wonder how the durability of the shine holds up?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob

Rob,i have a buddy of mine out in montebello,CA that owns/operates a polish shop, he does a lot of the truck/trailer tankers out there, he uses a product called "durashine" on them,guarantees the shine for a year. Of course he charges $100.00 per 100 gallons (tanker capacity) and it takes about 2 days per truck,but when done the shine is blinding!.......mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Rob

naw,but that's the last picture I could take because it broke my camera. I rolled the window down at first and asked that fellow what he was staring at before I realized it was my reflection.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

naw,but that's the last picture I could take because it broke my camera. I rolled the window down at first and asked that fellow what he was staring at . Think I busted a knuckle when I punched the jerk for givin me the finger

Fixed it for ya

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Fixed it for ya

I guess that's better than bending over backwards naked and snapping the photo between the legs while cracking a smile.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

He charges $100.00 /gal. (tank capacity), so to polish a 9000 gal. tank trailer $900,000.00 ?

FW

Sorry bout'that,meant $100.00 per 100 gal.tank capacity!.....my bad!..........mark

Rob

Mine is 14 years old

still can do your morning shave in it ,,,,,,,just stay away from acid and little buffing in the spring and your good to go :thumb:

That body looks to be a J&J body ,,,,,which offers a polish aluminum option (in 1996 it was $700 option) all sheets are polished before they are welded and have protected plastic on them to protect from welding splatter,,,,,,,,,,,,

Machine new Polished aluminum is less porous then non polish aluminum so cleaning is easier,,,,,like the difference cleaning a polished fuel tank and a plain aluminum fuel tank

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Mine is 14 years old

still can do your morning shave in it ,,,,,,,just stay away from acid and little buffing in the spring and your good to go :thumb:

That body looks to be a J&J body ,,,,,which offers a polish aluminum option (in 1996 it was $700 option) all sheets are polished before they are welded and have protected plastic on them to protect from welding splatter,,,,,,,,,,,,

Machine new Polished aluminum is less porous then non polish aluminum so cleaning is easier,,,,,like the difference cleaning a polished fuel tank and a plain aluminum fuel tank

I'm wanting to find a shop to do my aluminum parts on both RL series trucks in the near future. Also have two or three pairs of five hand hole Alcoa wheels needing some polish. I don't have the time, nor the patience to do the work.

Rob

when i was in vagas last winter i got 150 gal. polished for $15.00 and you could shave in the reflection.

75 chrome shop in wildwood FL just did my wheels,thought they did a pretty god job,just gotta put the hubcovers back on the drive axles......mark

post-5836-039810700 1275837976_thumb.jpg

post-5836-078408900 1275838007_thumb.jpg