i am having a problem with my 45 model 45 when i hit the highway all is well until i go about 40 mph then all of a sudden it dies and the choke knob pulls out by itself. i have replaced all the fuel lines ,installed a new fuel pump, i even took off the fill tube cap thinking it was pulling a vacum in the tank due to poor ventalation. i was wondering if anybody has ran into this problem. i will be driving this truck to a state fire convention in 2 weeks where it will be used for the pumper races so any input will be great because i would like to drive it there instead of trailering it. thank you for and help.

Fulton, I know this is gona sound stupid but did you try wireing the choke open? Maybe the choke cable or the lingage is worn so as when the truck is running the choke starts to close an when it gets about half way the vacuume pulls it shut. Just a shot in the dark but i had an old Plymouth slant 6 that used to do just that!

They say great minds think alike. The butterfly valve on top of the carb. is closing making it shut down and starve for fuel. Yes i'd replace the choke cable from what you have described. While it is running or idleing while at raod temp. the butterfly valve should be wide open ( straight up and down position ).

mike

They say great minds think alike. The butterfly valve on top of the carb. is closing making it shut down and starve for fuel. Yes i'd replace the choke cable from what you have described. While it is running or idleing while at raod temp. the butterfly valve should be wide open ( straight up and down position ).

mike

oh yeah,,,you guys are good,,i think you nailed it,,randy

oh yeah,,,you guys are good,,i think you nailed it,,randy

:lol::lol: Your right Randy......we need a few more responses....some concrete help, that ought to help him. Can't figr why Rob didn't help out. I guess he was getting some babying on his tooth situation. Can't figr why Rob didn't let me pull that tooth with my B model. He could have sat down on the ground and held onto the corner of the house. Or sat on his new YAMI HAW and held the brakes.

mike :pat: