She Started Right Up!

I cleaned the primary filter and filled her up,changed the secondary filter,filled her up and pumped like crazy and cracked the return line coming from the injector lines until we had fuel(not sure that was the way to do it).I had my son hit the the big button and she fired right up blowing a huge wasp nest out the stack.I thought that she would run but she started like I had just shut her down last night not 10-12 years ago.Showed 40 lbs at idle but was shooting water out the heater box so I hooked the two hoses together fixing that for now.It didnt show any air pressure but I could hear air leaking and found that the plug was out of the bottom of the air tank.I let her run for a half hour or so and moved her back and forth a few times and Im real happy with the results...She started stumbling a little and then quit,maybe picked up some dirt...anyway,Now that I know she runs I feel a lot better and I can start getting her in shape...Thanks everyone for your help... Jim

Yea Jim I know how you feel when it starts right up with no issues. I feel the same way each time I go out and start mine. It bugs me cause of the antique plates not being able to test drive OTR except my driveway......come to think of it......i've been very fortunate that I have not ran out of fuel yet :D I think it was someone on this site that gets their kicks running out of fuel.....hmmmm....anyone know who that might be please sound off. :unsure:

Any way have a good time with your B and keep us posted on the good results.

mike :mack1:

antique plates? not able to drive it? Huh?? why not?? Hell, I've been 3 states away with my hist. plates.

Come on..............DRIVE IT!!

Glad to hear the ol B fired up and ran. Check the filters, as they likely got lots of junk in them. When I bought my truck I thought it had been taken care of better. I almost didn't make it home one day of cruis'n around town. Come to find out the fuel filter was CAKED with crap since it hadn't been changed in like 100+ yrs? Got that cleaned up and presto, runs like a champ.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Jay... When I was 14-15 we lived on a dead end road with a state park at the end of it and we would take dads B61 and bob tail around the park.For some reason I remember the cab being alot bigger mainly in the steering wheel to belly area,they must have made a larger cab back then because mine seems a little tight!!!!!Yea I know... its all the trucks fault.Anyway I am looking foward to the day we can take her out on the road for a test drive...Jim

Glad you got it running.

There are several landmark moments to me in any vehicle restoration project, but none that are more fun than

the first time you start it and run it around a little. It doesn't seem to matter how ugly it is, how slow or how

poorly it actually drives - it always feels really, really good!! Great fun.

Paul Van Scott