Anybody Know Anything About Vcr's?

other dog

I finally got around to getting a new VCR/DVD combination a while back because neither of the 2 old ones worked right anymore.The DVD player was a $29 unit from the dollar store, and the VCR was 62 years old-old enough to retire.

The problem is I can not get a picture on the TV when the power is on to the DVD/VCR- just a blue screen. The old remote had a button for tv or vcr mode but this one doesn't. It works ok to play tapes and dvd's but if you try to record something off the tv you can't see the program you're recording-but it does record it, I checked it...just can't see it or hear it to cut commercials or whatever.

I tried everything I know (not much) and pushed a lot of buttons, still can't get a tv picture- anyone got any ideas?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I finally got around to getting a new VCR/DVD combination a while back because neither of the 2 old ones worked right anymore.The DVD player was a $29 unit from the dollar store, and the VCR was 62 years old-old enough to retire.

The problem is I can not get a picture on the TV when the power is on to the DVD/VCR- just a blue screen. The old remote had a button for tv or vcr mode but this one doesn't. It works ok to play tapes and dvd's but if you try to record something off the tv you can't see the program you're recording-but it does record it, I checked it...just can't see it or hear it to cut commercials or whatever.

I tried everything I know (not much) and pushed a lot of buttons, still can't get a tv picture- anyone got any ideas?

Hi Tom, unless you have something extremely simple such as a bad cable, or miswiring problem, consumer electronics are seldom worth the cost to repair. Don't spend a lot of time either pulling hair, or going gray, just replace it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Tom, unless you have something extremely simple such as a bad cable, or miswiring problem, consumer electronics are seldom worth the cost to repair. Don't spend a lot of time either pulling hair, or going gray, just replace it.

Rob

I got it at wal-mart but i've had it too long to take it back. I think I just don't have something set right. It doesn't bother me because it plays fine, but Jo likes to tape movies and stuff off the tv and she's been nagging-I mean,she's asked me several times to try to get it working right so she can see the movie she's trying to tape.

I got it at wal-mart but i've had it too long to take it back. I think I just don't have something set right. It doesn't bother me because it plays fine, but Jo likes to tape movies and stuff off the tv and she's been nagging-I mean,she's asked me several times to try to get it working right so she can see the movie she's trying to tape.

I'd lay odds they'd take it back. I've have stuff over two years, decided I didn't need it and took it back. This was still new, unused merchandise however. It wouldn't be fair, or right to ask them to take something worn, or used back that old, (and you know about me and fairness).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The best solution in this case, is to enlist the aid of a neighborhood 5 year old. It works for me every time.

The best solution in this case, is to enlist the aid of a neighborhood 5 year old. It works for me every time.

Yeah, I asked my youngest son last time he was over, but he couldn't figger it out either. He's almost 25 though.

I've only had this machine a few months.

Yeah, I asked my youngest son last time he was over, but he couldn't figger it out either. He's almost 25 though.

I've only had this machine a few months.

Man youre askin' the wrong guy on this subject! my wife handles all the "new" electronics at our house,i am probably the most technologically retarded person i know! lol.......mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Jo's one of 5 identicle quintuplets (???). None of them know anything either. But they think they know everything-one of them just told me I spelled identical wrong and I had a dangling participle :unsure:

Jo's one of 5 identicle quintuplets (???). None of them know anything either. But they think they know everything-one of them just told me I spelled identical wrong and I had a dangling participle :unsure:

Reckon y'all have to start wearing long pants 'roun the house

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Reckon y'all have to start wearing long pants 'roun the house

I keep telling them their pants are too short, but they say they're supposed to be like that. They're all 5' 1'' tall and get their clothes in the kids department or the local dumpster. They gots big feets though.

Hey Tom.....do you have an antenna in and out for it to pick up the TV signal?

mike

Hey Tom.....do you have an antenna in and out for it to pick up the TV signal?

mike

Hi Mike!..the tv is older and only has one connector for the antenna. I had to buy a modulator to get everythingt hooked up and working.

I had both a vcr and a dvd player on it before and everything worked-without the modulator!.. and you could watch ice road truckers while you were taping it.

Hi Mike!..the tv is older and only has one connector for the antenna. I had to buy a modulator to get everythingt hooked up and working.

I had both a vcr and a dvd player on it before and everything worked-without the modulator!.. and you could watch ice road truckers while you were taping it.

Sum sexy Peggy Hill feet they got goin on...

Anyhow, sounds like you have some of your wires crossed up, the antenna in/out and what not.

Or you have to have your digital tv reciever before the vcr/dvd and then use the red/white/yellow from the dvd/vcr to the tv.

You should see the mess behind my tv...yikes!

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

while we are on the subject,i have a hd tv with built in dvd, i got the coax from the factory mack antena, but no matter where i am it says no signal, do i need the converter box or a different antena, or what?????????????

thanks........

while we are on the subject,i have a hd tv with built in dvd, i got the coax from the factory mack antena, but no matter where i am it says no signal, do i need the converter box or a different antena, or what?????????????

thanks........

maybe i need to wrap one of my stacks with tinfoil,,,,,

Tom,

Do you have a Radio Shack near you? Those guys are pretty good about helping, especially the older equipment stuff. Believe it or not, I still have my 1st VCR. It still plays but has problems cause of dust and dirt inside. Has not been taken in for cleaning since 1995. It was bought in 1985 at a BIG K before we had WalMart Stores here. I played my John & Martha King aircraft learning tapes on it every day for several years. I now use my DVD's instead from Sporty's in Batavia, Ohio (I hope I spelled it correct) and listen to Richard (DICK) Collins and several others

mike

thanks........

I think you need that converter box...........or get that dish dome thing so you can have satellite tv while you're driving down the road.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I think you need that converter box...........or get that dish dome thing so you can have satellite tv while you're driving down the road.

getting the dish thing rite after new seat,new trailor, by then new steer tires, and then drive tires, then engine major, then tranny, then rears, aaahhhh hell who am i kidding iaint never getting satellite...

Tom,

Do you have a Radio Shack near you? Those guys are pretty good about helping, especially the older equipment stuff. Believe it or not, I still have my 1st VCR. It still plays but has problems cause of dust and dirt inside. Has not been taken in for cleaning since 1995. It was bought in 1985 at a BIG K before we had WalMart Stores here. I played my John & Martha King aircraft learning tapes on it every day for several years. I now use my DVD's instead from Sporty's in Batavia, Ohio (I hope I spelled it correct) and listen to Richard (DICK) Collins and several others

mike

yes,there's one in Altavista. I'm pretty sure the red,yellow,and white cables are right but I think you're onto something with the antenna cables.I need to review them-new Ice Road Truckers starts Sunday.

Got it!..ran another yellow and white cable from the directv box to the dvd/vcr and it works ok. that wasn't in the manual so it took a while for me to figger it out.