Advice On Painting My Rims(B61)

Anyone know the point of a rain cap on a stack? Cuse im lost. I put one on when I got the truck (rained 2 days ago) and cranked the truck to move it to paint rims and I had so much water come flying out after it cranked it wasnt funny. I had to hose off the truck and wipe what I could of the carbon water up. -

P.S. The rims are looking good, ill post pics in a little bit.

Anyone know the point of a rain cap on a stack? Cuse im lost. I put one on when I got the truck (rained 2 days ago) and cranked the truck to move it to paint rims and I had so much water come flying out after it cranked it wasnt funny. I had to hose off the truck and wipe what I could of the carbon water up. -

P.S. The rims are looking good, ill post pics in a little bit.

Personal preference: I don't like rain caps except on a genset with vertical exhaust. A coffee can works very well for my applications if the truck is stored out of doors which mine typically are not.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Im going with a coffe can now.

Heres the picture of the new rims, the only casualty of the project was a pair of safety glasses.

Kudos as it looks much better.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Gives you a reason to drive a B model , if only 3 feet for the day. I used a foam brush for the ring , my wife painted the mack logos on. -

very good,,,it kinda looks like you may have painted in the glass on the stemco ring though, but i guess just pull plug to check oil level anyway,,,,randy

Im going with a coffe can now.

Heres the picture of the new rims, the only casualty of the project was a pair of safety glasses.

There ya'go! now thats what i'm talkin'about! nice looking job!.....mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Personal preference: I don't like rain caps except on a genset with vertical exhaust. A coffee can works very well for my applications if the truck is stored out of doors which mine typically are not.

Rob

Just gotta'remember to take them off before stating! fired my R-model up years ago,blew the coffee can off,right onto the hood of my freshly painted pickup!...mark

Just gotta'remember to take them off before stating! fired my R-model up years ago,blew the coffee can off,right onto the hood of my freshly painted pickup!...mark

Been around tractors so long it's habit to check the exhaust before starting.

Them suckers blow off pretty good though if you forget.

Rob

Been around tractors so long it's habit to check the exhaust before starting.

Them suckers blow off pretty good though if you forget.

Rob

You're right you'd think i would've remembered as well growing up on a farm!.....mark