Painted The Engine For My B

my project is a 1961 B-61. we painted the engine this week. hope to start putting parts back on it next week. should be ready to put back in the frame in a week or two. i'll post another pick when we get all the parts and new hoses back on.

post-3642-127388960286_thumb.jpg

my project is a 1961 B-61. we painted the engine this week. hope to start putting parts back on it next week. should be ready to put back in the frame in a week or two. i'll post another pick when we get all the parts and new hoses back on.

Sweeeeeettt!!! I saw it on here once, long time ago, couldnt find it again, what is the difference to look for on the 673 oil filter can to determine if its a full flow or bypass? thanks,,,randy

Sweeeeeettt!!! I saw it on here once, long time ago, couldnt find it again, what is the difference to look for on the 673 oil filter can to determine if its a full flow or bypass? thanks,,,randy

The full flow is physically larger in length and has three hoses out of the bottom. One of the hoses is considerably smaller than the other two. Also I believe all the full flow filtered engines used an external oil cooler on the left side of the engine.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That looks really nice. Hopefully you have a "tight"engine so it doesn't leak oil all over but that would not be my luck.

Anxious to see photos of your progress.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The full flow is physically larger in length and has three hoses out of the bottom. One of the hoses is considerably smaller than the other two. Also I believe all the full flow filtered engines used an external oil cooler on the left side of the engine.

Rob

Thanks Rob, mine must be bypass, it has two hoses going into bottom, both come out of block about an inch apart from each other, all on left side, can mounted on left fender well, no oil cooler either,,,,thanks ,,Randy

ajt,

I'm trying to catch up from being off the web-site. The 673 looks GREAT! i'll be glad when I can do the same to mine. I've noticed that my valve cover must have been chrome or an aluminum finish but is dull. I'll buff it out and most likely leave it the natural finish when the time comes.

I look forward in seeing the future results of your truck...be sure to post photo's of different angles.

mike