Where's Mike?

hatcity

Know that area took a good hit from the rains last week. Haven't seen him here since. No power? No home? Hope he is OK

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Know that area took a good hit from the rains last week. Haven't seen him here since. No power? No home? Hope he is OK

don't know. I talked to Bulldogman on the phone last Sunday and he said they had gotten about 8 or 10 inches of rain in Millington and they were calling for more, but he was high and dry.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

don't know. I talked to Bulldogman on the phone last Sunday and he said they had gotten about 8 or 10 inches of rain in Millington and they were calling for more, but he was high and dry.

Hey otherdog, just wondered where gladys,VA is ? after reading a lot of your posts, we both went looking for that yellow G-model up in keysville you said it was about an hour from you, its about an hour from me too. I'm down in ridgeway,va bout' 7 miles south of martinsville........mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Hey otherdog, just wondered where gladys,VA is ? after reading a lot of your posts, we both went looking for that yellow G-model up in keysville you said it was about an hour from you, its about an hour from me too. I'm down in ridgeway,va bout' 7 miles south of martinsville........mark

Gladys is on rt. 501 between Winfall and Naruna. Or between the larger towns of Rustburg and Brookneal. Or the even bigger metropolis' of Lynchburg and South Boston. I'm about 25 miles south of Lynchburg. I actually live about halfway between Gladys and Altavista, out in the sticks.

I was born and raised in Cumberland, Va. and moved to Appomattox in 1979 and lived there until my wife passed away in 2005,and been over here since then.

I went out to 501 and took a right to Brookneal, then took rt. 40 all the way to Keysville. I set the milage counter to check it, but forgot to look at it when I got back-I was thinking of getting the 2 t-bones we stopped and got at the Brookneal Food Lion on the way back on the grill.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Gladys is on rt. 501 between Winfall and Naruna. Or between the larger towns of Rustburg and Brookneal. Or the even bigger metropolis' of Lynchburg and South Boston. I'm about 25 miles south of Lynchburg. I actually live about halfway between Gladys and Altavista, out in the sticks.

I was born and raised in Cumberland, Va. and moved to Appomattox in 1979 and lived there until my wife passed away in 2005,and been over here since then.

I went out to 501 and took a right to Brookneal, then took rt. 40 all the way to Keysville. I set the milage counter to check it, but forgot to look at it when I got back-I was thinking of getting the 2 t-bones we stopped and got at the Brookneal Food Lion on the way back on the grill.

10/4 thought that sounded familiar, my moms family was from up around the brookneal area,my grandparents lived in wyliesburg, right off 360 as long as i can remember.we moved down here about 3 years ago to be closer to my mom, but i was born and raised in a little town in south jersey. I'm actually right down the street from warren trucking, right at the intersection of 87 and 220....mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thanks for the concern HatCity. It has been an interesting week. I had to clean mud and water out of my basement but was not extensive as many others in Nashville and areas around low areas really got it bad. My g/f teaches school in a nearby county and some of her student family's had major water damage. The g/f went several days to the neighborhoods to help take the ruins to the curb. It is heartbreaking to see families lose everything. Some of them were standing or sitting crying, men and women. The kids don't seem to understand yet, it has not sunk in yet with some. Government help is better than no help but, still life will never be the same for those completely devestated.

We had last monday off work because of the flood. You just could not get to work downtown, most roads were gridlocked. My little 17 mile trip usually takes me 32 minutes where it took me 1 hour and 15 min. this past week. My building downtown was on concerve energy mode as well as the water pressure was very little. The chiller has water running through it to help cool the building and I ran hose pipes to the outside cooling towers so the building could get some cooler air.If it can't get cool water then the chiller will not work. The airhandlers can't feed but outside hot air since we were having upper 80's temp. last week. I have taken a few photo's but,might try and post them when I can of the flood. My photo's don't show the real devestation. The Mayor of Nashville wanted everyone to conserve water since 2 of the 3 water treatment plants were contaminated.

I posted that I was taking a Bi-Annual Flight Review several weeks ago. I got a real eyeview of the flood last week and took a photo with my cell phone but can't send it since I do not have text messaging. I fly again this thursday to finish my flight review and supposed to fly to Huntsville, Al. so I may get a photo then.

Everyone have a DRY day!!! Wear the DEPENDS if ya got em. :thumb:

mike

Thanks for the concern HatCity. It has been an interesting week. I had to clean mud and water out of my basement but was not extensive as many others in Nashville and areas around low areas really got it bad. My g/f teaches school in a nearby county and some of her student family's had major water damage. The g/f went several days to the neighborhoods to help take the ruins to the curb. It is heartbreaking to see families lose everything. Some of them were standing or sitting crying, men and women. The kids don't seem to understand yet, it has not sunk in yet with some. Government help is better than no help but, still life will never be the same for those completely devestated.

We had last monday off work because of the flood. You just could not get to work downtown, most roads were gridlocked. My little 17 mile trip usually takes me 32 minutes where it took me 1 hour and 15 min. this past week. My building downtown was on concerve energy mode as well as the water pressure was very little. The chiller has water running through it to help cool the building and I ran hose pipes to the outside cooling towers so the building could get some cooler air.If it can't get cool water then the chiller will not work. The airhandlers can't feed but outside hot air since we were having upper 80's temp. last week. I have taken a few photo's but,might try and post them when I can of the flood. My photo's don't show the real devestation. The Mayor of Nashville wanted everyone to conserve water since 2 of the 3 water treatment plants were contaminated.

I posted that I was taking a Bi-Annual Flight Review several weeks ago. I got a real eyeview of the flood last week and took a photo with my cell phone but can't send it since I do not have text messaging. I fly again this thursday to finish my flight review and supposed to fly to Huntsville, Al. so I may get a photo then.

Everyone have a DRY day!!! Wear the DEPENDS if ya got em. thumb.gif

mike

Glad to hear you're alright. Hopefully some things will return to normal shortly.

I used to depend on Depends but not anymore. My ulcerating scars have healed, (although still tender) because I ain't bought no new Mack stuff as of late. I'm sure Momma is waiting to "open me up" again first chance she gets though.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Glad to see you back. Also glad to hear no major problems at home. watching news reports was a grapple truck dream. But since the loss is not mine, would not have severe effect on me. IF it was my stuff, I would not be that amused with some one's desire to "cash in".

I'll just hang here and wait for hurricanes

post-4436-127361467731_thumb.jpg

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Dang good to hear you made it through the rains. It was horrible to watch the Weather channel and see the water and how bad things were.

Saw a link from another site showing Beech Bend raceway in BG, Kentucky and the scoreboards were just above the water!! It was like 16ft deep!!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"