Torque Arm Difficulty Factor

hatcity

need to replace torque arm. Actually need bushing replaced but Mack only sells the complete arm.

How difficult to change, providing everything still in line. Don't look tough but just want to be sure.

Also, where can I get a metal radiator? Alum/plastic is starting to leak.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Is it the arm that runs from the frame to the top of the diff? If so, it's easy as pie...4 bolts with an impact.

I just put a new steel radiator in my truck for $600...I don't know if that's a fair price or not.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Yep thats the arm I'm talking about. Looked easy enough.

600 for rad. sounds pretty good. Mack told me the replacement (alum/plastic) was about 1200+ depending on yhe truck. I asked him "so it can fail again?" he laughed

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

jerryb said detroit radiator was it, and you can bet he researched it,lets say he is frugal.

better check with him to make sure i got the name rite.

Detroit Radiator may may not be the least expensive out there but in my opinion, there is not better conventional metal radiator. Nearly everything on a Detroit radiator is locally fabricated and assembled, (by hand) there. Griffin Radiator is also very good if the need is for an aluminum radiator.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

A word to the wise, make sure the arm is replaced in the same position on the rear as they have a tendency to rake forward when you remove them and this changes the driveline angle. Also check the length as there are many variations. a\A porta power is handy to jack the rear into position making installation easier, Good luck, Geno

Thanks all. the torque arm only was a PIA with the body propped up a little. 3/4 breaker to get started and tightened.

As for the radiator, talked to a local shop today. $575 plus $15 shipping, and about $200 to do the job. Mack was looking at $1200 just for the rad. They are checking to make sure it is an in/out replacement

Thanks all. the torque arm only was a PIA with the body propped up a little. 3/4 breaker to get started and tightened.

As for the radiator, talked to a local shop today. $575 plus $15 shipping, and about $200 to do the job. Mack was looking at $1200 just for the rad. They are checking to make sure it is an in/out replacement

The rip-off is the small pieces of the flexible radiator hose...I put all new ones on when I put the new radiator in.

The radiator is a relatively easy install...though a short skinny white guy like myself had a bit of a hard time lifting it out/in.

Yeah thats a problem being skinny and all. Thought of swinging boom over front and attach a strap to use as a pulley system. Problem is moving to side to set down and pick up new one.

Thats it. i'm getting a service truck with a crane

Yeah thats a problem being skinny and all. Thought of swinging boom over front and attach a strap to use as a pulley system. Problem is moving to side to set down and pick up new one.

Thats it. i'm getting a service truck with a crane

So long as you get 'BIG SHOT' on your license plate...