Cruise Control

has anyone tried to put cruise control on a B61, does anyone know of a company that makes them for a big truck, and i wander if you can take one off of a 88-90 chevy pickup truck that is electronic and make it work. Ron

I have an aftermarket cruise setup for my B61. It uses a driveshaft mounted magnet, and a pickup module to sense driveshaft rotation. The control box will mount to the dash (or wherever is chosen). I think I gave about $175.00 for mine with some of the extra "bells and whistles".

It would be quite difficult to make a factory cruise setup from another vehicle work due to computer interfacing, but it could be done. I will look the brand and vendor that I used, all I remember is that it came from someone that caters to the street rod crowd.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

has anyone tried to put cruise control on a B61, does anyone know of a company that makes them for a big truck, and i wander if you can take one off of a 88-90 chevy pickup truck that is electronic and make it work. Ron

try king cruz I have used it and it is for big trucks Glenn

glenn akers

Cruise?? I thought that was what that "locking" throttle(deadman throttle) was?? LOL!!!

Works for me. Since it barely goes over the speed limit I just pull it out full and go. I don't use it often, but a couple long trips it gives the ol foot a rest.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"