The Big Red P Dashlight

The big red P dashlight that comes on when you set the parking brake.

Today I was drving down the road 70 mph and the big red P flashed.

When I release parking brake on the tractor if I don't push the valve hard and straight it leaks air inside the dash. I can reset parking brake and push in hard and straight and release and it will be fine. Could this have anything to do with the big red P flash while driving down the road?

Or is the flash just a hiccup?

When I release parking brake on the tractor if I don't push the valve hard and straight it leaks air inside the dash. I can reset parking brake and push in hard and straight and release and it will be fine. Could this have anything to do with the big red P flash while driving down the road?

I've got a 2000 vision. There's a pressure swithc above brake pedal for this. Don't think it has anything to do with yellow vlv leaking. My switch just started leaking and big P stayed on.

My big red P comes on every so often,you are right it will get your attention. I don't know if anyone else has this happen to them... When I get into a hard pull the little lightning bolt that show the codes comes on for a second or two. If you catch it quick enough and try to get what code it is sending it won't blink any numbers

My big red P comes on every so often,you are right it will get your attention. I don't know if anyone else has this happen to them... When I get into a hard pull the little lightning bolt that show the codes comes on for a second or two. If you catch it quick enough and try to get what code it is sending it won't blink any numbers

i have had 2 other trucks do the lightning bolt thing like that, right at the begining of a hard pull, i just thought it took a few seconds for every thing to ajust to the pulling

• 12 years later...