1920's Caterpillar Diesel Powered Mack Picture

I posted up on ACMOC's website about 1940's Caterpillar truck engines and somebody posted this

photo. It's an AB Mack log truck powered by a D4400 Caterpillar Diesel dating to about 1938 or so.

I've seen another similar AB in a Mack book but it has a D3400 Caterpillar Diesel engine in it.

This would be the perfect truck for me, Antique Mack powered by an Antique Caterpillar engine.

I thought I would post it up for anyones interest. Also I know where there is an AB chasis with

no engine that I might get to make a clone just for something a little different. I already have

the engine so all I would need is a cab, 2 fenders, and a transmission.Hope you enjoy this picture.

Thanks. :mack1::SMOKIE-LFT::thumb:

I posted up on ACMOC's website about 1940's Caterpillar truck engines and somebody posted this

photo. It's an AB Mack log truck powered by a D4400 Caterpillar Diesel dating to about 1938 or so.

I've seen another similar AB in a Mack book but it has a D3400 Caterpillar Diesel engine in it.

This would be the perfect truck for me, Antique Mack powered by an Antique Caterpillar engine.

I thought I would post it up for anyones interest. Also I know where there is an AB chasis with

no engine that I might get to make a clone just for something a little different. I already have

the engine so all I would need is a cab, 2 fenders, and a transmission.Hope you enjoy this picture.

Thanks. :mack1::SMOKIE-LFT::thumb:

Gary Mahan has restored an AB very similar to that one.

That is the one I was thinking of. The AB I know of has hard rubber tires. Does any one know where

there is a set of rims and spokes like the ones pictured or similar ones? Also I would need a set of fenders

and a cab. Even a patern of the cab and fenders would help. I would appritiate any

help on the matter. Thanks. :SMOKIE-LFT::mack1:

Edited by Yoos Brothers Construction

• 2 months later...

Call Devino truck parts Newark N.J on Doremus Ave ask for Mike he's got a couple of bulldogs chain drives sittin in his yard he comes across a lot of old stuff' it's worth a shot or get in touch with Gary Mahan just Google his name or some one should have his # to post.

BULLSUSK PS I've seen this truck at his place and it's something you realy got a see. that steering wheel on the drivers side(out side beheind driver ) thats the trailer brake it works with a steering box ,pullies ,an cables it's just something to see. Bigfoot must have driven it!

cool find. I forget where I saw the pics but a few years ago someone posted some info about a guy that put a mack 237 or 300 in a bulldozer. cant recall if it was a cat or what but seamed like a cool idea

I think your thinking of the red power site, someone put a mack motor in a td-24 dozer.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.