Mack 12 Speed Fluid Level

Warpman89

hey guys, i have a mack 12 speed air split and looking underneath it i found that it has two fill plugs; one is 3/4 square on the rear of the tranny, the other is a 1-5/8 bolt plug, both plugs are on the passenger side. my first question is are there separate boxes here that have separate oil levels? next, when i removed the 1-5/8 bolt a little oil came out so i knew it was full, but when i unscrewed the rear, 3/4 plug no oil came out. so, is this just a fill plug or is for measuring the oil level for a separate tranny box? i appreciate the help

ok, but are the 5 speed main box and the auxiallary spliter separate, or one unit?

That tranny is actually three trannys bolted together and the fluid will run from the back all the way to the front one, has holes from case to case. terry

That tranny is actually three trannys bolted together and the fluid will run from the back all the way to the front one, has holes from case to case. terry

alright, thanks a lot man

so as long as i have oil up to the big plug hole on the front box, im good right?

alright, thanks a lot man

so as long as i have oil up to the big plug hole on the front box, im good right?

You fill the rearmost box and fluid will travel to all three boxes, but you have to fill and let sit for a few minutes to let the oil flow through the boxes. Terry

• 3 years later...

HI !

I can't find anywhere the quantity and type of oil to put into my 12 speed tranny ( from what I read on the 2013 Mack bulletin I see they recommend SAE 50 oil in the manual tranny's ) but I'm not sure a 100% . any one have any info on that please

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale