2007 cxn 613

ac 460 p

18 speed no overdrive

394 gears

how bad do you think it will be on fuel

could you guess at mpg

last 6 digets of vin is all i could get 020002

Where's the pictures...??!

I think if you have 22.5 tires with that gear ratio it might be a little slow if you run out west...depending on what the cruise rpm for that motor is and how fast you like to go.

I've got 22.5's with 3.86 rears and an 18sp...1600rpm @ 72mph. Normally, I don't like to run much over 65, but I don't do much highway driving really.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

found a truck for a good price need advice on how it is equiped

2007 cxn 613

ac 460 p

18 speed no overdrive

394 gears

could you guess at mpg

That trans does have a .71 overdrive in 18th gear like most Mack trans so it would be OK. Maybe alittle more trans than you need for on-road use. However most Mack 13 and 18 speeds Macks are exactly the same trans except for the shift knob which lets you split the low side. The T318LR is only different from the T318 by having a lower gear in 1 and 2, the rest of the ratios are the same. This truck is probably kinda heavy as it has the 200 series Mack rears.

Ask the dealer to pull a fuel mileage report out of the ECU. I believe it should have a 13 spd (T313LR). All current Mack & Fuller 13 spds & 18 spds are all OD in the top two ratios.

It looks like this truck has 22.5 tires. With 3.94 ratio my gut tells me its legs are a little "short". Also has 200 series carriers.

I don't know how & where you run, but for OTR fuel mileage may be marginal. But you as the driver can do a lot to make it or break it when it comes to fuel economy.

Dave

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

I don't think you can have too many gears though... Swap the 22.5's for some 24.5 talls and call it a deal.

Maybe clue us in on your driving habits, how concerned you are with weight and overall what you expect out of the truck...besides for it to RUN!

found a truck for a good price need advice on how it is equiped

2007 cxn 613

ac 460 p

18 speed no overdrive

394 gears

could you guess at mpg

bro it s a hard call with out the o/d!You could have somone look at the ecm avg mpg!

Where's the pictures...??!

I think if you have 22.5 tires with that gear ratio it might be a little slow if you run out west...depending on what the cruise rpm for that motor is and how fast you like to go.

I've got 22.5's with 3.86 rears and an 18sp...1600rpm @ 72mph. Normally, I don't like to run much over 65, but I don't do much highway driving really.

I was thinking the same thing, need at least tall 22.5 or tall 24.5 tires. I would be Ok if it had 24.5 wheels as you could go from Lo-pro to tall rubber if needed.

Click on the ad so its in front of you on the screen. Where you type in the www.whateverblabla....right click so it's all highlighted blue, then right click again and scroll down to and click on 'copy'. Next, go to where you type in your post on here, right click again and click on 'paste'.

Make sure you don't type anything before or after it or it won't work.

On the shifter...a red button is 13sp, gray button is 18sp. I think it's the same no matter what brand of transmission. With the Mack trans the button flips up/down, Eaton it flips forward/backward....if that makes any sense.

Pretty sweet lookin ride, by the way.

Also noticed it has an air-ride steer axle. There have also been some issues with those. For one thing, they are not serviceable, if a kingpin wears out, the whole axle goes in the scrap bin.

Dave

you say issues, what should i look for? thanks