Thanks To Everyone

joes mack

thanks to everyone for being so friendly with help to all my questions. you have helped me with alot of info on engines, trans, air brake parts, and any other questions that i have had. i like this site and all of the members that i have saw on here. this is my favorite site on the net im glad that i have found it. you all are good people on here willing to help with the old macks. i wish the local dealership/parts house was as nice and as profesional as you people are but if it aint new they dont even want to look up parts for it. thanks agin for all your help... joe

thanks to everyone for being so friendly with help to all my questions. you have helped me with alot of info on engines, trans, air brake parts, and any other questions that i have had. i like this site and all of the members that i have saw on here. this is my favorite site on the net im glad that i have found it. you all are good people on here willing to help with the old macks. i wish the local dealership/parts house was as nice and as profesional as you people are but if it aint new they dont even want to look up parts for it. thanks agin for all your help... joe

You're quite welcome for the part I've played, if any.

This site is well run and organized. It is also self moderated well.

BMT has long been my favorite also, that pertains to Mack Trucks.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Great to hear the positive feedback! We do have an large, knowledgeable group of Mack Enthusiasts here! Without them, this site may be just a pile of interweb nothingness!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

• 5 months later...

i think mackpro is doing just fine where he is,

a dealer that understands customer service, and employ's that take pride in their work....

i think the difference between mcbride and the big city shops

in the city you talk to the clerk that writes down your info, and makes notes for the service manager, who has about 15 seconds to talk to you,then you wait some where, till the acounting person comes for you, about an hour after your truck is done and parked out side.

at mcbride i pull up to mackpro's door usually he's ready for me so i pull it inside, talk to the guy that is actually going to work on my truck, when he is done he says jump in there and crank it up, if every thing is to my likeing, i back it out go hook my trailer, stop on the way out to sign the bill that goes to my wife, i think, and im on my way

THATS CUSTEMER SERVICE IN MY BOOK

i think mackpro is doing just fine where he is,

a dealer that understands customer service, and employ's that take pride in their work....

i think the difference between mcbride and the big city shops

in the city you talk to the clerk that writes down your info, and makes notes for the service manager, who has about 15 seconds to talk to you,then you wait some where, till the acounting person comes for you, about an hour after your truck is done and parked out side.

at mcbride i pull up to mackpro's door usually he's ready for me so i pull it inside, talk to the guy that is actually going to work on my truck, when he is done he says jump in there and crank it up, if every thing is to my likeing, i back it out go hook my trailer, stop on the way out to sign the bill that goes to my wife, i think, and im on my way

THATS CUSTEMER SERVICE IN MY BOOK

That's the kind of kind of business I like and wish he were close to me.

I have a Mack dealer 40 miles east and a Mack dealer 40 miles west of me but they're both like going to a foreign land. I'll second the man's opinion about this site because I too think this about the best site I've found. There's no telling how many gray hair MackPro and fjh have prevented me from getting over problems on my truck the local shops couldn't find let alone correct.

rhasler is showing me how to fix a gauge problem now but the local Mack shop says I have no problem.

I have a Mack dealer 40 miles east and a Mack dealer 40 miles west of me but they're both like going to a foreign land. I'll second the man's opinion about this site because I too think this about the best site I've found. There's no telling how many gray hair MackPro and fjh have prevented me from getting over problems on my truck the local shops couldn't find let alone correct.

rhasler is showing me how to fix a gauge problem now but the local Mack shop says I have no problem.

Hey Jerry, what shops are you near?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

it is 205 miles from my house to their shop, wish it was closer, but aint no way i would go any where else. unloading south chicogo thur.am and i will drive by 5 or 6 dealers to get to them for a pm.

i wish i knew what the profit difference is in a shop like that compared to the assembly line type??