Ratio 3.90

Tires 11R22.5

Wheels All Aluminum

Wheelbase 225"

Number of Rear Axles Tandem

Front Axle Lbs 12,000

Rear Axle Lbs 40,000

Detailed Description

Very nice unit we sold new and just got back in on trade!Truck is decked out and loaded up! State inspected and ready to go to work today...balance of factory warranty will transfer...; 6x4

2007 MACK CHN613 RAWHIDE

Serial # VA100655492

Specifications

Quantity 1

Stock Number M649RK07T

Year 2007

Manufacturer MACK

Model CHN613 RAWHIDE

Price US $57,900

Location Roanoke, Virginia

Condition Used

Sleeper Size 60"

Sleeper Mid Roof Sleeper

Engine Specs Mack

Engine Type ASET-460

Horsepower 460

Fuel Type Diesel

Mileage 441,456

Transmission 13 Spd

Check for Over Drive Yes

Engine Brake Yes

Suspension Air Ride

Ratio 3.90

Tires 11R22.5

Wheels All Aluminum

Wheelbase 225"

Number of Rear Axles Tandem

Front Axle Lbs 12,000

Rear Axle Lbs 40,000

Detailed Description

Very nice unit we sold new and just got back in on trade!Truck is decked out and loaded up! State inspected and ready to go to work today...balance of factory warranty will transfer...; 6x4

Don't jump in yet,Whats been done ?Check history! maintance?

The balance of warrenty is likly the block and stuff that won't fail!

Not to derail, if a fleet truck is purchased from somewhere, how can I check the maint. history. This is assuming work not done by Mack

Bigen-you have been busting your stones trying to make a living. I hope what ever you get is better than what you have now.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Not to derail, if a fleet truck is purchased from somewhere, how can I check the maint. history. This is assuming work not done by Mack

Bigen-you have been busting your stones trying to make a living. I hope what ever you get is better than what you have now.

Warrety issues I think would have been handled by Mack .

3.90's on 22.5 tires with a 13 speed sounds a bit too slow of a gear for west cost/48 state operations. If you run 70mph, that would put you around 17-18RPM. I would think for an over the road truck, you'd want something at least in the 3.70 range. What gears do you have now?

If I remember correctly, one of the issues with the Mack approach to 10/02 emissions and up was that it was fairly important to put the engine between 1550 and 1650 at your expected cruising speed. Not only did that maximize fuel economy, it is also the design operating RPM of the engine with respect to cooling and/or heat transfer for highway speed operations.

va.truck center just sent me the history on this truck 40 pages i dont know if its good or bad almost every thing on this truck has been replaced, i cant tell if this truck was a lemon pos or the guy was just nuts and put the truck in the shop every week, for instance rear oil seal leaking,replaced oil seal ,turned flywheel,new clutch,pp,release bearing,new fork,new cable,new yoke on back of trany,new linkige on clutch release,and so on, every repair on this truck reads like this.

va.truck center just sent me the history on this truck 40 pages i dont know if its good or bad almost every thing on this truck has been replaced, i cant tell if this truck was a lemon pos or the guy was just nuts and put the truck in the shop every week, for instance rear oil seal leaking,replaced oil seal ,turned flywheel,new clutch,pp,release bearing,new fork,new cable,new yoke on back of trany,new linkige on clutch release,and so on, every repair on this truck reads like this.

Talk to the guy IF you can!He might be just a fuss pot!Its not uncommon to see what your seeing!When guys fuss,What you dont want to see is resent repeat failers of PUSHING COOLANT( Unresolved)( meaning the last time it was in the shop were they chasing a coolant leak) /lots of Turbo failures, common are exhast gasket and egr cooler(coolant push)If the cooler was replaced resently you have a fix for that wink.gifMake sure it has the stud spacer up date synco probs sometimes.Read carfully, The complaint, the cause and the cure ,Look for repeat stuff!Exhast gaskets require fuel lines each time thats not incuded as a repeat!Its a law!Note If the engine was worked hard you will see lots of exhast gasket jobs thats normal up to the stud update.On this year of truck the problems were quite under control. For the most part!

Talk to the guy IF you can!He might be just a fuss pot!Its not uncommon to see what your seeing!When guys fuss,What you dont want to see is resent repeat failers of PUSHING COOLANT( Unresolved)( meaning the last time it was in the shop were they chasing a coolant leak) /lots of Turbo failures, common are exhast gasket and egr cooler(coolant push)If the cooler was replaced resently you have a fix for that wink.gifMake sure it has the stud spacer up date synco probs sometimes.Read carfully, The complaint, the cause and the cure ,Look for repeat stuff!Exhast gaskets require fuel lines each time thats not incuded as a repeat!Its a law!Note If the engine was worked hard you will see lots of exhast gasket jobs thats normal up to the stud update.On this year of truck the problems were quite under control. For the most part!

at 404,000 miles it had new egr and all gaskets ,new turbo and studs,egr cooler,manifold,coolant tank,over flow tank,replace syncro, and water pump

at 404,000 miles it had new egr and all gaskets ,new turbo and studs,egr cooler,manifold,coolant tank,over flow tank,replace syncro, and water pump

sorry man This is what I think!

They were looking for coolant push from my observation, did they find it is the question?

they were grasping at straws.

so they changed everything in hopes! Low liners is the next step! Just my opinion!The guy did what your doin.

That may be covered on whats left on the warrenty low spec on liners was 19 or 22 I think ,They need to be at 25 - 29 thou above the deck.

68 your turn! opinion?

They were looking for coolant push from my observation, did they find it is the question?

changed everything in hopes! Low liners is the next step! Just my opinion!The guy did what your doin.

68 your turn! opinion?

and 1 206m858bm tube

so they changed everything in hopes! Low liners is the next step! Just my opinion!The guy did what your doin.

That may be covered on whats left on the warrenty low spec on liners was 19 or 22 I think ,They need to be at 25 - 29 thou above the deck.

68 your turn! opinion?

if they did everything but liners what would that cost?

68 your turn! opinion?

if they fixed it should it be good to go?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say maybe you outta look for a cherry 00-'02, whatever brand you prefer. They're out there, score one that's been overhauled and drop the hammer.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

IF they fixed it! I got traded in correct???get in contact with the guy if you can!

My opinion!

i have guy's name and no. if they give enough for my trade ill call him before i make the deal and see if i can get tthem to warrent coolant pushing for 10,000 miles

i have guy's name and no. if they give enough for my trade ill call him before i make the deal and see if i can get tthem to warrent coolant pushing for 10,000 miles

Thats a good plan get as much warrenty as you can.In WRITING, Phone him first thou get the goods on that deal, Remember that this is speculation on my part!Just trying to help out if where I can.banana.gif

>..and 1 206m858bm tube Likly the mass flow tube.pat.gif

68 your turn! opinion?

Sad to say but it's not uncommon to have lots of warranty claims on ASET engines even the 05-07's. The 05-07's were alot better but we still have the problems with the EGR coolers and coolant push. We usually replaced everything, EGR cooler/mass flow sensor , water pump, thermostats (new style), oil cooler inlet screen and even installed new 1 piece aluminum surge/overflow tank. This usually solved everything. I talked 3 of my best friends into buying 05-07 CXN's and all were somewhat trouble free. The only real downtime was when a turbo would blow. All did have the coolant push but it never caused them to lose work, they would bring them in on friday night and we would fix them on saturday. 1 still runs his CXN every day, The other 2 traded up to a CHU613's with MP8 485HP after running their CXN's for 3-4 years. Now my buddies are all real picky, replace any thing needed, always change oil 10,000 to 15,000 miles, they do everything by the book and it really paid off in the long run. We never found any ASET's with low liners, I think Mack kinda got that figured out around 2002-2003 but anything is possible. Never had any ASET's with Wabco air compressors cause coolant push but had a couple 2004 ASET's with the Bendix compressor cause problems. All most all 05+ have the Wabco. Now the core sand on the 2000-2002 was a whole different story. If I were to buy the truck I would change the thermostats(new style), replace the oil cooler inlet screen, check the belt tensioners for off tracking (while running!!!!), adjust the valves and put the new style rocker arm hold bolts on, have both VECU and EECU ECM's programed with the latest software, and change all trans and rearend oils.

Sad to say but it's not uncommon to have lots of warranty claims on ASET engines even the 05-07's. The 05-07's were alot better but we still have the problems with the EGR coolers and coolant push. We usually replaced everything, EGR cooler/mass flow sensor , water pump, thermostats (new style), oil cooler inlet screen and even installed new 1 piece aluminum surge/overflow tank. This usually solved everything. I talked 3 of my best friends into buying 05-07 CXN's and all were somewhat trouble free. The only real downtime was when a turbo would blow. All did have the coolant push but it never caused them to lose work, they would bring them in on friday night and we would fix them on saturday. 1 still runs his CXN every day, The other 2 traded up to a CHU613's with MP8 485HP after running their CXN's for 3-4 years. Now my buddies are all real picky, replace any thing needed, always change oil 10,000 to 15,000 miles, they do everything by the book and it really paid off in the long run. We never found any ASET's with low liners, I think Mack kinda got that figured out around 2002-2003 but anything is possible. Never had any ASET's with Wabco air compressors cause coolant push but had a couple 2004 ASET's with the Bendix compressor cause problems. All most all 05+ have the Wabco. Now the core sand on the 2000-2002 was a whole different story. If I were to buy the truck I would change the thermostats(new style), replace the oil cooler inlet screen, check the belt tensioners for off tracking (while running!!!!), adjust the valves and put the new style rocker arm hold bolts on, have both VECU and EECU ECM's programed with the latest software, and change all trans and rearend oils.

Oooh ya, fergot about rocker bolts!That didnt seem to be as bad on AC as it was on AI, fan hubs? Guess a guy could go on and on about intermitant things that fail.

Like I said its a crap shoot, luck of the draw.So like 68 has said go those few items maybe and hope for the best.

Duno

Oooh ya, fergot about rocker bolts!That didnt seem to be as bad on AC as it was on AI, fan hubs? Guess a guy could go on and on about intermitant things that fail.

Like I said its a crap shoot, luck of the draw.So like 68 has said go those few items maybe and hope for the best.

Duno

You said it exactly "crap shoot" or "luck of the draw" as I have seen some trucks have tons of problems but on the other hand all my buddies trucks work everyday with little problems. I think it has to do with you buying the truck brand new and staying on top of the problems and getting them fixed ASAP. I really liked that CHN he was looking at! Axle forward CH style trucks are my fave.

You said it exactly "crap shoot" or "luck of the draw" as I have seen some trucks have tons of problems but on the other hand all my buddies trucks work everyday with little problems. I think it has to do with you buying the truck brand new and staying on top of the problems and getting them fixed ASAP. I really liked that CHN he was looking at! Axle forward CH style trucks are my fave.

Me too!Some what easier to work on too! :)