Digital Picture Frame

other dog

just wondering- anybody know anything about those electric picture frames? I looked at some in the store yesterday while I was getting my eye drop prescription filled. The box said they hold 1,000 pictures, but how do they work? Can you put pictures off your PC on them or do they use a camera memory stick? Couldn't find anyone to ask in the store, besides I know I can get the straight scoop here.

Already made my Christmas list- I ain't gettin' nobody nuthin'. But I thought my mom and dad might like one of these because they like to see my road and truck show pictures and I put them on discs for them, but they have to look at them on the computer.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Most of them work by uploading pics from your PC or by inserting a card or usb drive into the frame. I've tangled with a few for family members and they aren't too hard to figure out.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Yup- can be loaded in many ways. Then set on scan, the pictures will change at a set time period(you can set). Or leave just one picture up.

We have one here and it messes you up when it changes picture and just catch it out the corner of your eye.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Most of them work by uploading pics from your PC or by inserting a card or usb drive into the frame. I've tangled with a few for family members and they aren't too hard to figure out.

great, that's what I was wondering, about the ones on my PC. I have well over a thousand Kodak pics on my computer. Thanks for the replies.

great, that's what I was wondering, about the ones on my PC. I have well over a thousand Kodak pics on my computer. Thanks for the replies.

You should be able to set your computer to display photos as a screen saver! Thats what I do. Just sayin'

bmodel_logo.png

You should be able to set your computer to display photos as a screen saver! Thats what I do. Just sayin'

yeah, that's what I do. I change it periodically, got Pikes Peak up now. Some of the Montana pictures were great screensavers, as were some of the truck show pictures- different from Eva Longoria for sure. But she wasn't bad either!

just wondering- anybody know anything about those electric picture frames? I looked at some in the store yesterday while I was getting my eye drop prescription filled. The box said they hold 1,000 pictures, but how do they work? Can you put pictures off your PC on them or do they use a camera memory stick? Couldn't find anyone to ask in the store, besides I know I can get the straight scoop here.

Already made my Christmas list- I ain't gettin' nobody nuthin'. But I thought my mom and dad might like one of these because they like to see my road and truck show pictures and I put them on discs for them, but they have to look at them on the computer.

Buy a larger one, or at least see what the pictures look like on the one you are going to buy. The photos look distorted on the smaller ones.

The 1G memory sticks are cheap now and can hold hundreds of photos.

Right click on the desktop and click the Screen Saver tab. You will see My Pictures Slide Show. You can select what files you want to show and then have then automatically flash on your screen as a screen saver! It's really cool...but you have to leave your PC on all the time.

bmodel_logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

Right click on the desktop and click the Screen Saver tab. You will see My Pictures Slide Show. You can select what files you want to show and then have then automatically flash on your screen as a screen saver! It's really cool...but you have to leave your PC on all the time.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I had the big bulldog up for a while, but I didn't know about the slide show.

I got the digital frame working. The USB cable did not come with it, and of course Wal-Mart didn't have one that fit, but the one that came with a little Panasonic video camera I've got fits it. I didn't use it anyway- I bought a little card reader and a memory stick, plugged the memory card into the reader, plugged the card reader to the computer, put the pictures on the memory stick, plugged the memory card into the frame, works great!

I looked all over for a really small one for Momma's desk but all I found were too large. Best Buy had one I think would have been fine but they were out of stock.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I looked all over for a really small one for Momma's desk but all I found were too large. Best Buy had one I think would have been fine but they were out of stock.

Rob

I got them a Kodiak because it had the 16:9 screen aspect ratio, same as this monitor, and I resize most pictures to fit my screen. Plus I have a Kodiak cammer and the kodiak photosmart program on here. It only had an 8'' screen, but most of the others I looked at only had a 7'' screen.