Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Well Rob, there's the dump box you were thinking about, plus a whole 'nother truck and spare 866 come with it!

That was the very next thing I thought about after personal safety issues.........

I may have reached "saturation limit" with "Momma", but plan to ask anyways.

If I wind up with it and don't post for a while, it will because I'm recovering; And I don't mean from addiction to alcohol or drugs........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

She may have already used " the most powerful handgun " we've heard no more replies from him today. Or he may be buying her something special to offset the situation he's in.

mike

Yup, you're right Mike, he's buying her something special.

Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTAGE-1973-MACK-RL-700-DUMP-TRUCK-PARTS-OR-COULD-RUN_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4149efeee0QQitemZ280413335264QQptZCommercialQ5fTrucks

:lol:

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I've been out training on a new radar facility being installed at Peoria all day. Our govt. and your tax dollars at waste again trying to train old dogs new tricks.

Rob

I've been out training on a new radar facility being installed at Peoria all day. Our govt. and your tax dollars at waste again trying to train old dogs new tricks.

Rob

Rob,

Can or will you explain a VOR station and what it does and how you can get TO and FROM a station in flight?

THX

mike

Rob,

Can or will you explain a VOR station and what it does and how you can get TO and FROM a station in flight?

THX

mike

VOR stations radiate omnidirectional, meaning 360 degrees from origin at a distinct frequency. In these transmissions there can be distance measuring intelligence but not always depending on the physical equipment located at the faclility. These distinct frequencies are assigned an identifier such as BMI, PNT, PIA. In operation a pilot calls air traffic and the controllers tell the pilot to switch to such and such frequency on their receivers. Upon selecting that required frequency a needle in the cockpit points toward the VOR station. The pilot then switches course to have the needle point up. When the station is neared the pilot then asks for another assignment and a controller assigns a new station to follow, or air traffic personel tracking the flight assign a new course. This happens in all controlled flight in the national airspace.

General aviation that remains below about 3000' is usually under VFR conditions and is not regulated as such. It really depencs on the airspace being flown through.

When you look at a flight map the straight lines drawn on them are usually flight lanes for controlled flight and there will be many VOR stations along the way. As you know there are no painted lines in the sky to follow. VOR stations are referred to as the "highways in the sky".

Down and dirty I know. That is the basis of the reason for their existence.

Rob

In real life practice - the VOR is the most confounding bit of education a new pilot has to learn.

I have never been more thoroughly confused than when asked to fly a reverse sensing approach or when some genius tried to explain to me that you can be on a "To" radial and actually be flying away from a station and vice-versa.

It's tremendously humbling during your IFR education when the instructor asks you to point to a chart and tell him where you are, while you are trying to keep the airplane from spinning upside down out of the bottom of a cloud, talking to a controller, changing the radio frequencies and acting like you know what you are doing all the while trying not to puke!! It's genuine entertainment at its' finest.

However, I do believe that the VOR is a huge step up from "flying the beam" that existed in the 40's and 50's.

It has proven to be really dependable and has largely been responsible for the growth of our airline industry and their fantastic safety record.

Today, GPS with vertical nav capability will take us to the next level of dependable, safe flight. And it will probably confound new students with its' own set of vaguaries.

Just my two cents - I couldn't resist.

Paul VS

I couldn't resist either-when i'm lost flyin' I get the old Rand McNalley out of the floor between the seats and take a look. Hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Oh no- reminds me of a joke I once heard. Two best friends decided to join the air force. When they went to enlist the recruiter asked the first guy "what do you do?". He said "I'm a pulpwood cutter". The recruiter said "sorry,but we just can't use you right now".

Then he asked the second guy "and what do you do?". He said "i'm a pilot". The recruiter said "great! I know we have a place for you-what can you fly?". The man said "fly? I cain't fly nuthin'". "But I thought you were a pilot" said the recruiter. "I'm is" said the man. "He cuts the wood, then I pile it".

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I couldn't resist either-when i'm lost and stuck in the flyin J' due to loss of parts on my Pete, I get the old Rand McNalley out of the floor between the seats and take a look to find a salvage yard. Hasn't steered me wrong yet as is a great relief to know I have an opportunity to get rolling to the next unscheduled breakdown point.

Oh no- reminds me of a joke I once heard. Two best friends decided to join the air force. When they went to enlist the recruiter asked the first guy "what do you do?". He said "I'm a pulpwood cutter". The recruiter said "sorry,but we just can't use you right now".

Then he asked the second guy "and what do you do?". He said "i'm a pilot". The recruiter said "great! I know we have a place for you-what can you fly?". The man said "fly? I cain't fly nuthin'". "But I thought you were a pilot" said the recruiter. "I'm is" said the man. "He cuts the wood, then I pile it".

Well at least you are prepared and have excellent foresight.

Rob

Two guys went into the employment office.

First one is talking to the office person and tells them that he and his friend are looking for unemployment compensation.

When asked whet he had done for work, the guy replied:

"I worked in a womans clothing factory, sewing lace on womans underware"

"We can give you $250.00 a week" said the clerk.

"I guess that will be fine" answered the first guy.

The second man set down and asked what his job had been.

"I was a Diesel fitter" came back the reply

"What is a diesel fitter"?

"Well, after Fred sews the lace on the womans panties, I hold them up and say 'Yep, diesel fit her"!!!!!

Packer

Keep a clutchin'