Alcoa 5 Hole Wheels

How many of you would be interested in purchasing some new 5 hole Alcoa's if they were available? I got on the Alcoa web site and e-mailed the person in charge of marketing for the commercial wheel division, and asked them if there were enough of a demand would they consider a limited production run of 20" & 22" 5 hole wheels, also the possability of tooling up some 5 hole wheels in 22.5" & 24.5" tubeless to get the traditional look with the benefits of modern radial tires. I know that there has got to be more people out there than just me that would want them. If they see how big a demand there is they just might do it, I am sure that they could sell alot of them to owners of newer trucks also think they would look good on some of the newer trucks, just need to find a way to convince them!! Doug ;)

How many of you would be interested in purchasing some new 5 hole Alcoa's if they were available? I got on the Alcoa web site and e-mailed the person in charge of marketing for the commercial wheel division, and asked them if there were enough of a demand would they consider a limited production run of 20" & 22" 5 hole wheels, also the possability of tooling up some 5 hole wheels in 22.5" & 24.5" tubeless to get the traditional look with the benefits of modern radial tires. I know that there has got to be more people out there than just me that would want them. If they see how big a demand there is they just might do it, I am sure that they could sell alot of them to owners of newer trucks also think they would look good on some of the newer trucks, just need to find a way to convince them!! Doug ;)

Hey, sign me up for the payments! I would want the 22.5 or 24.5 rims, also I think that the newer tubeless type rims would make more sense. They would look like the originals for "us" and could be a new cool wheel for the guys making a living with their truck too. Plus anything to make my truck ride and drive better (radial tires) would be great!

Good Idea!

Fred :SMOKIE-LFT:

15 gears...no waiting!

This is the place to do it! Other forums call it a "Group Buy." Alot of manufactures are anxious to accept group buys from online forums because of the volume they can sell...so go for it! If you need any help, let me know!!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

This is the place to do it!  Other forums call it a "Group Buy."  Alot of manufactures are anxious to accept group buys from online forums because of the volume they can sell...so go for it!  If you need any help, let me know!!

Barry, I just got a reply from Alcoa, they might be interested in doing the 5 hand hole wheels. I want to forward the email I got from them to you, but not sure how to go about doing it , any ideas? guess I should have PM'd you Doug

Barry, I just got a reply from Alcoa, they might be interested in doing the 5 hand hole wheels. I want to forward the email I got from them to you, but not sure how to go about doing it , any ideas? guess I should have PM'd you Doug

Hi Barry! I forwarded the email from Alcoa to the address yoy sent me. did you recieve it? what do you think? any ideas on how to go about making this happen? I think most of us would want the ball and seat type wheel, but there are some that have swapped rear cut offs with air ride that might want hub piloted type. maybe we could get a list of members that would want to purchase them to get an idea on placing an order? Thanks, Doug

Keep a clutchin'

Hi Barry! I forwarded the email from Alcoa to the address yoy sent me. did you recieve it? what do you think? any ideas on how to go about making this happen? I think most of us would want the ball and seat type wheel, but there are some that have swapped rear cut offs with air ride that might want hub piloted type. maybe we could get a list of members that would want to purchase them to get an idea on placing an order?  Thanks, Doug

Doug, I did get the email and it looks pretty promising. Do you or anyone have a photo of what the wheels should look like? Just so I can confirm they are talking about the right thing? Post here or email it to: wmsi@alltel.net and we'll see what we can get going!

bmodel_logo.png

Awesome...those will work. I am waiting for a guy to call me back from alcoa. I also called Accuride for a quote. So out of 2 companies, maybe we can get something happening. Inital numbers are looking like a minimum buy of 500 pieces no mix and match so we may have to settle on 22.5 only.

bmodel_logo.png

:thumb:

Awesome...those will work.  I am waiting for a guy to call me back from alcoa.  I also called Accuride for a quote.  So out of 2 companies, maybe we can get something happening.  Inital numbers are looking like a minimum buy of 500 pieces no mix and match so we may have to settle on 22.5 only.

I guess 22.5's will work the originals were 20" & 22", some will want them in 24.5 though. 22.5's will work better for me as I have plenty of take off tires, I usually replace them while they still have a little tread to use for spares! I have 24.5's on my KW,but severe lack of road worthy tiresLOL! oh well I have a set of diffs with higher gears I can put in the KW ( 3:70's) it has 4:33's now) any way I have my fingers crossed! Thanks, Doug

:thumb:

I guess 22.5's will work the originals were 20" & 22",  some will want them in 24.5 though. 22.5's will work better for me as I have plenty of take off tires, I usually replace them while they still have a little tread to use for spares! I have 24.5's on my KW,but severe lack of road worthy tiresLOL! oh well I have a set of diffs with higher gears I can put in the KW ( 3:70's) it has 4:33's now) any way I have my fingers crossed! Thanks, Doug

Has anyone figured out a price on these yet? or maybe a guess? what does a normal new alcoa rim cost?

15 gears...no waiting!

• 2 weeks later...
I would think 22.5's would be simple for them,as the 5 hole wheels were available in that size.Transcon was still running them on it's Freightliners and trailers way up into the '80's.I've got a few sets of the original 5 hole 22.5's.

How goes the 5 hole rim project? havent heard anyting for a while. I would like to see this happen.

15 gears...no waiting!

I am still waiting on Alcoa and Accuride to issue quotes, both companies were interested, but now is the hurry up and wait period! LOL

Update: I just talked to a guy from Alcoa today...he said it would be a minimum of 500 pieces. They would all be 22.5 tubeless. He said price would be less if they can use the standard forging of today's wheels (instead of the doomed shape) but the overall look would be very close...what do you guys think about that? Price and lead time coming soon!

bmodel_logo.png

I am still waiting on Alcoa and Accuride to issue quotes, both companies were interested, but now is the hurry up and wait period!  LOL

Update:  I just talked to a guy from Alcoa today...he said it would be a minimum of 500 pieces.  They would all be 22.5 tubeless.  He said price would be less if they can use the standard forging of today's wheels (instead of the doomed shape) but the overall look would be very close...what do you guys think about that?  Price and lead time coming soon!

:thumb::thumb::thumb: BARRY, YOU ARE THE MAN!!! thanks for taking over this project! I seriously doubt if any thing would have come of it if I were still trying to get it done :lol: it would be nice to have them look as original as possible, but cost wise, the cheaper the better as long as they look pretty close to the originls :D I will have to invest in a cap gun & ski mask to appropreate the funds for purchase though, as I dont have any thing left to borrow money on!!! :chili: Doug

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I noticed this little project kinda died, I was looking through my wheels of time show book the other day , the one with all the pictures from aubrun. I found a truck that had the original style 5 holes on the front and modern rims on the rear that were five hole. I will try and get a picture

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

All but died...I cannot get the Alcoa rep to even call me back! I have talked to him twice about the project and he seemed interested....but then, nothing! I will keep pursuing this, but it don't look to good at the moment.

bmodel_logo.png