Project R12:

Rob

I have brought my 12V-71T engine back to the shop this weekend and plan to pull the V8 Mack from my R795 shortly for test fitment of the 12V. As you may remember the 12V is from a genset that I maintain at work and is in very good condition, but was retired due to age. I purchased a very good running 8V-71 engine to swap to the genset, as to make this 12V available for truck usage. The swapped parts consist of the flywheel housing, governor assembly. auxiliary shafting for "V" belt sheaves on the front and rear of the engine, power steering pump and coupling, and a few other little things I'm sure I've missed. The 12V in the photos does not have the turbochargers remounted.

The V8 currently in the truck runs well but is needing some injection pump work. It will be retained and used in another project someday.

Rob

post-78-12530241355939_thumb.jpg

post-78-12530241556965_thumb.jpg

post-78-12530241784104_thumb.jpg

post-78-12530241958024_thumb.jpg

post-78-12530243321625_thumb.jpg

post-78-12530243389343_thumb.jpg

post-78-12530244044029_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

How's the bodywork coming? Haven't seen any updates on the roof work.

Which truck? I've got several that I'm in process of roof repair/replacement? These don't pay anything to work on so they play "second fiddle" to Momma's want list.

When the weather starts to get cold outside then I'll jump heavy into the trucks again. As of now I've replaced near 1/2 the foundation under my house this summer, and it will be a relief to finish this project up.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I see that you aquired another airride seat. is it for the riding mower?

I'm going to use just the bases and mount a bench seat across all three to support both me and Momma when we be cruisin.

Now that that is figured out, I've got to come up with a pressure regulator system independent of both sides to keep the seat level at all times. With my weight fluctuating as it does, the pressure can't be set to a fixed point and the seat not lean with both of us on it.

Good to see you post again. We are comming to the Lititz show. Hope you can make it although you had other plans.

Rob

Hasen't been anything lately for me to commont on without looking like an idiot. Been busy with the lieutenant promotion and 2 meetings this week. I will have in 83 hours this week. The layoff from East Mfg. really hurt us and we are losing the house. Been working on the 55 Dodge ambulance and my GMC pickup so Faith is outside for a little bit. We are moving in about a month so we are getting ready for that also. Found a place in Brewster that is smaller, cheaper, and has NO GARAGE!!! DAMN!!! The ambulance owner found a place for it so it needs to be running. Will the Detroit be able to run 2 compresssors to keep the seat base inflated? Does firestone make a bag for that or are you using a modified cutoff? We will be moving a 700 pounder from one nursing home to another sometime next week. Hope it's not on my shift.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Hasen't been anything lately for me to commont on without looking like an idiot. Been busy with the lieutenant promotion and 2 meetings this week. I will have in 83 hours this week. The layoff from East Mfg. really hurt us and we are losing the house. Been working on the 55 Dodge ambulance and my GMC pickup so Faith is outside for a little bit. We are moving in about a month so we are getting ready for that also. Found a place in Brewster that is smaller, cheaper, and has NO GARAGE!!! DAMN!!! The ambulance owner found a place for it so it needs to be running. Will the Detroit be able to run 2 compresssors to keep the seat base inflated? Does firestone make a bag for that or are you using a modified cutoff? We will be moving a 700 pounder from one nursing home to another sometime next week. Hope it's not on my shift.

It is a little ways but you can store "Faith" over at my place inside if needed. I've got room with the restructuring of my building. Didn't get to the addition this summer but may still over the winter as I've been catching up on "Momma's" needs.

Hate to hear about the layoff that happened. Hard thing to have to move. I lived enough years under a bridge that I know you can exist solely with a roof over your head. Just be sure to hide your laundry when drying cause the hiway department will make you move again.

700 pounder? If Momma's weight can be reduced to under 250, we can be a little less than that.

Rob

I worked my 24 hour shift on Sunday and had to work a 10 on Monday due to a call off. We moved the 700 pounder Monday and our stupid dispatch said that only 2 ambulances could go because of call volume. I argued my best as a lieutenant but they said no. So I told them that my rig would be on the air mobile and I went anyways. I had to help the crew and bonehead dispatch was none the wiser. We have been interviewing new people and the boo-boo bus company is about to double in size in my area. Thanks for the offer Rob but I will be able to keep Faith at the new place just outside. I am working on the plan for a shelter frame made of 3/4" PVC pipe. I want to keep it cheap and durable. Have had ZERO time to work on anything let alone pack stuff. We did get to paint the ceiling in two of the rooms at the new place and I replaced the breaker box. The damn thing had only a few spaces and they were all taken. We needed to add for the oven and had no other choice.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Dag gone Greg, sorry to hear about the house. Wish I could keep Faith for you, but you know how it is at MY house! Only got one more weekend of racing coming Oct 10th, so if there is something I can help out with let me know.

Larry

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Finally got around to lifting it off the trailer that I needed today and don't have noplace to put it. Figgers don't it?? I'm actually making a stand for this to test run on before installing into the chassis to ensure no real leakage takes place that will be difficult to repair once installed.

The ride home was a little rough on the oil pan as the drain plugs are now "recessed" into the bottom of the pan from the weight resting on them. I'll remove the oil pan again and straighten this out and also pressure check for leaks.

I'm just going to leave it "hanging around" until the stand is built later in the week.

Rob

post-78-12540929032147_thumb.jpg

post-78-12540930267236_thumb.jpg

post-78-12540930498742_thumb.jpg

I worked my 24 hour shift on Sunday and had to work a 10 on Monday due to a call off. We moved the 700 pounder Monday and our stupid dispatch said that only 2 ambulances could go because of call volume. I argued my best as a lieutenant but they said no. So I told them that my rig would be on the air mobile and I went anyways. I had to help the crew and bonehead dispatch was none the wiser. We have been interviewing new people and the boo-boo bus company is about to double in size in my area. Thanks for the offer Rob but I will be able to keep Faith at the new place just outside. I am working on the plan for a shelter frame made of 3/4" PVC pipe. I want to keep it cheap and durable. Have had ZERO time to work on anything let alone pack stuff. We did get to paint the ceiling in two of the rooms at the new place and I replaced the breaker box. The damn thing had only a few spaces and they were all taken. We needed to add for the oven and had no other choice.

Greg - sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope things work out for the best. Let me know if I can be of help. I too am short of free time. Brewster is not too far from me but in the other direction.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"