[New BMT Blog Entry] b61fred's Blog - All Back Home, Let The Fun Begin!

BMT Forum Bot

Got the b733 home and unloaded from the trailer. I gave it a quick bath and pulled it into the shop. I basicly am checking the truck over so I can find anything that I need for the restoration. Well I checked the top and bottom all points inbetween. I have found that the rear left spring hanger for the rear spring is cast iron and the left is aluminium. The truck is a lightweight model so all the spring hangers should be aluminium. The fuel tanks apperar to be lower than they should be, there is a gap between cab and the tank that look excessive. I will have to do some reserch on that also, it maybe the way they should be. The front bumper is missing, I wonder if a lightweight truck would have an aluminium bumper? questions, questions!! The truck is almost rust free sence it came form Nevada originaly. The double frame is premo also. The worst problem I have found is the truck has been used alot, although it has been mantained it has several welded aluminium components, the sheet metal is not very straight. I got a very good deal on the truck and Terry gave a very accurate discription of the vechicle, ole honest Terry..... He even got me some NOS 11x22 goodyear tires. It has a cummins 220 with a turbo. I have a 275 supercharged engine that would make a great power plant for this ride, I have to get Packer to ship it from Wyoming out to Indiana for me..... I do have a nice quad trans sitting in my shop to "bait" him out this way, should be gitting a bite soon.......

I have been working on disassembly of a b75 truck that is very worse for wear that I bought for parts for other trucks, I sold a truck to Paul Vanscott for a b73 project he has been wanting to do for some time and I felt that I needed to include a nice frame in with the deal. So I have been removing parts, labling and putting them onto some new shelves that I built in the new parts room. It is so nice to be working on one of these truck and know right where I get that special bolt or part that I need. I also feel that none of the trucks parts are wasted.

Been talking with Tony with the h 67 Mack, He is working on installing some more power into the little truck. I am getting a engine and trans lined up for him for the truck. Should be an awsome truck when finished!!

The r795 truck will need to get in the shop for some engine work, I don't know what the plans for this truck are at this point, I want to get the engine running good, I may sell it due to the finacial strain that too many trucks can cause.

I am starting a picture album for the b733 project and will be posting all the pictures there for this truck, so come and visit the album.

Attached thumbnail(s)

blogentry-63-1250357791_thumb.jpg

//

View the full blog entry

Fred, are you trying to catch up to Rob in the "What did I get myself into?" competition!!!! :lol:

If he is, he will win as I've quit "collecting". It is time to get something finished! Too many "projects" torn into and not a lot of time available to finish.

I also have one hell of a "honey do" list that I owe Momma for. I'm working that one down now cause it must be paid.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've only got the one, and it's a tremendous financial scrain.

I've never been through a "tremendous financial scrain", but it sounds like fun.

Exactly what is a "scrain"?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've never been through a "tremendous financial scrain", but it sounds like fun.

Exactly what is a "scrain"?

Rob

I believe it must have been raining outside when he said that, when all of a sudden thunder scared him and he jumped saying scrain. It simply means he's scared of the rain. :lol:

See....yaw knew this.... you were just testing Tom just to get him to fess-up to it. :D

Later

mike