[New BMT Blog Entry] b61fred's Blog - I Thought I Would Try This Blog Stuff

BMT Forum Bot

Hey all,

I thought I would try this Blog stuff, I guess that I should try new things. So I guess Your suppost to tell what going on in your little chunk of the world.

Saturday morning the wife and my self set out to Carter lake Iowa to pick up my newest addition to my dog kennel, a b733 that I purchased from Terry. He must be ready to move on to bigger and better things in the truck world so I thought the truck would make a go addition to my stuff.

We left little b61Joe at home in the care of my older sister. I set the alarm for 4.30 am so we could get going by 5.00am. I unfortunly set the alarm for 4:30 pm, so I woke up at about 5:00am and we were already behind scedule. Headed out for Rob's place to pick up my trailer that he had barrowed in a previous antique truck adventure about a month ago.

Let the wife drive without the trailer for a while because she won't drive with the trailer on. Got to Rob's and hooked up the trailer, shot the breeze and had to make a pit stop at the Casey's store in Farmington while Rob went back to his place to get some gaskets for the r 795. He also gave me a jar of some his nucular chilli that he made us for the road( I don't know what rodent it was made from.. but it was so hot I couldn't tell). I put the jar on the Manifold of the Super duty and by Iowa City, The taters and chilli was ready for a nice road side meal..

We made it to Terry's place by 5:00 pm in Omaha. Terry was going into town to pick up his wife. He seen us coming in and told us to go ahead and start loading the truck if we wanted. I backed into the driveway and squared up the trailer to the front of the garage. By this time a few of Terry's neighbors had gathered to watch. The all pretty much had their own idea as to how I should load the truck onto the trailer. I pulled the winch out and hooked it to the front axle of the Mack and proceeded to pull it onto the trailer. Things were going nicely until I heard a crunch, It was the exhaust stack hitting the overhead door. I guess as the truck started up the ramps the stack had not quite made it out the door yet. The neighborhood watch group was deciding what I should do next Terry had made it back home. We decided that the stack was a bit tall anyway and a little of the top would not hurt. Terry gets out the torch and starts cutting the stack off a little. The torch cutting the metal pipe also started a nice little fire from all the accumulated soot from the less that effecient cummins coated the insde of the pipe. The smoke filled the shop with a thick black smoke, I decided to watch outside and get ready to winch it up.

The truck rolled up the trailer with no problems. The Mrs. and myself started to chain down the truck. I don't know why Jennifer enjoys to mess with rusty chains, but she always wants to help chain the trucks to the trailer. After everything is loaded and secured, we shot the bull some more and we were on our way.

I thought I would take the wife to a nice dinner after all the truck activity of the day. We made it to DesMoines for the night. Sunday morning got up and decided to hit the raod early. I was clipping along quite well at the speed limit of 70 mph, I was getting passed a lot, so I thought I would move the accelerator down a bit more and keep up with the rust of the cars out there. I was get low on fuel and could use a break, I wanted to stop a the Iowa 80 truck stop, and I was making good time. Then about 2 miles from the stop I seen a state trooper in the median, I drive by him and he throws his car in gear and out he comes after me. I just went a head and pulled over, I knew my goose was cooked so I would not make him work for it. I did get off with a warning. And I wasn't going as fast as I thought, He asked more questions about the truck on the trailer than anything else.

got the fuel and made it home all ok. I will have some pictures of the truck soon.

Morgan

View the full blog entry

Not gonna reveal the secret ingredients/parts to my road stew. Just remember I do not support the USDA grading system as there are too many politics involved.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Morgan,

Man you musta crapped a bunch after eating Robs RoadKill Stew. I'm glad you were able to stop at the Iowa80 to relieve yourself. It can be a real disaster when a Rest Area is miles away when needed. I would blame the exhaust mishap on Rob......cause the stew was drugged. :lol:

That Burnin Feelin :lol:

mike :D

Well I was concerned when Rob told me that he was not using his "choice cut's" as the seasoning and ageing process will compensate. He was interrested in some sherews that my dog had dug up as they are not normaly found in Farmington. Actually, The chilli was his famous truckers blend. It has the oppisite effect I haven't had a "movement" yet!!! No stopping for trivial things like poop break's while on the hyway.

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

Be sure to save me some of that Cummins "soot buildup" as I don't have any of that round here. I've got plenty of Mack at the present time. The product gives that lingering "tingle" to the recipes.

Gonna be stoppin to visit with Herb in the next week and picking up the 1/2 barrel, (or so) "road scrapings" he's been collecting for me around the Appleton, WI area.

Still fine tuning the menu at the cafe and around here you'll get a meal like nowhere else. This is real "Midwestern Cuisine".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I stopped at the Iowa 80 once on the way to South Dakota. Well worth stopping at, if just to see all the antique trucks and models, and toys, and chrome stuff, and- well, you get the idea. You could spend all day there just looking around.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Well I was concerned when Rob told me that he was not using his "choice cut's" as the seasoning and ageing process will compensate. He was interrested in some sherews that my dog had dug up as they are not normaly found in Farmington. Actually, The chilli was his famous truckers blend. It has the oppisite effect I haven't had a "movement" yet!!! No stopping for trivial things like poop break's while on the hyway.

Fred

I've been evaluating the possibility of marketing my "Road Stew, Truckers Blend" as a diarrhea aid also. The thought came unto me during the evaluation process of product development. All of my test subjects were afflicted with sudden and severe constipation that took several days to pass. This was shortly after consuming less than 1/2 the amount sent with you.

I trust you utilized the hi temperature nichrome wire to securely fasten the container to the manifold and then held the throttle WFO for at least 3 minutes before consuming the product? By using no artificial ingredients or preservatives in the stew, full flavor is realized with ultra high thru heating just prior to consumption.

A taste you will truly never forget.

Rob