My 06 Vision

Well today they delivered my new Vision daycab. Lets see, where to start. the bumper looks like it got hooked on something backing up.Its got about a 2" gap at the fender but only a 1" at the grill,its not mounted correctly.Air leak from the leveling valve, the factory CB antenna mount has fallin down into the mirror, dash has 2 gouges is it about 1.5" long,1/4 wide, polished wheels are all dinged and scratched, the air tanks on the passenger side behind steps were painted to match frame(red) only problem, their polished!,plus there is 6 different pieces of masking tape on them, that is peeling off exposing the polished tank!I'll get pics tomoorow, but damn, this is not a good way to start w/ a new truck, even if it is a company truck, I'm one who takes pride in his ride.

Positive side is that it rides great and pulls fantastic.427 w/ Eaton auto.

Guess I'll be spending the day at the dealership. :angry:

The dealership should deliver that truck to you in mint condition! We always go over each new truck with a fine toothed comb to make sure there are no issues...

Let us know how it turns out!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Every thing is going to be fine (I hope)

All the alum air and fuel tanks are coated with plastic from the factory (pain in the a$$ to get off) that will be gone after dealer prep.

The bumper was removed or shifted by the decking or towing operator when delivered

go over truck when its done it shoud be fine

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Every thing is going to be fine (I hope)

All the alum air and fuel tanks are coated with plastic from the factory (pain in the a$$ to get off) that will be gone after dealer prep.

The bumper was removed or shifted by the decking or towing operator when delivered

go over truck when its done it shoud be fine

They fixed everything.The tanks were not covered in plastic, just painted , in a VERY half a$$ed manner at that. They stripped most of it off.I'll do the rest.It just surprises me that they would ship it this way. I absolutely love the truck, beats the pants off the junk 05 International I gave away,Junk junk junk.Great power, fantastic ride, very quiet cab.

The factory wraps the aluminum to protect it during painting and transporting. It is the selling dealers responsibility to prep the truck before actual delivery. If you have a good responsible dealer all that is taken care of. If the dealer only shot you a low down price, then you get what you pay for. nothing is free.

We buy thru a dealer in Utah, but the trucks are delivered from the factory.I think in this lot we only bought 13, but usually its 25+ at a time.Its not just Mack, our new trucks, KW, Intertrashonal, never see a dealership before delivery.

The tanks were painted, you can see 4 pieces of masking tape in the pics. I understand covering the tank for paint and shipping, I've seen that, but this just looked like a VERY poor paint job.

:SMOKIE-LFT::mack1: hello guys 2 weeks ago i was visiting the new river valley plant in dublin whit a group of 18 people we had a complete tour allong the mack line and i can tell you that every truck thats comming off the line will be checked severall times before he is going to te transportation company how delivers it to the dealers i sow that you have a other color on your chassis thats an option basic is black i think what i see is the protection plastic off your air tanks they mount the tanks before they paint your chassis and just wat every whan says the dealer must fix that or your garage the bumper was taking off while towing the truck must fixed also before end delivery and believe me there is not whan truck that leaves the premisses thats not in good shape yours is not in the same shape how he leaved the plant i hope that you have a little idee whats going falls whit your truck its not the fault off the factory i sow how hard the people work and how dedicated the are greetings rene :SMOKIE-RT::bulldog1::mack1:

Well today they delivered my new Vision daycab. Lets see, where to start. the bumper looks like it got hooked on something backing up.Its got about a 2" gap at the fender but only a 1" at the grill,its not mounted correctly.Air leak from the leveling valve, the factory CB antenna mount has fallin down into the mirror, dash has 2 gouges is it about 1.5" long,1/4 wide, polished wheels are all dinged and scratched, the air tanks on the passenger side behind steps were painted to match frame(red) only problem, their polished!,plus there is 6 different pieces of masking tape on them, that is peeling off exposing the polished tank!I'll get pics tomoorow, but damn, this is not a good way to start w/ a new truck, even if it is a company truck, I'm one who takes pride in his ride.

Positive side is that it rides great and pulls fantastic.427 w/ Eaton auto.

Guess I'll be spending the day at the dealership. :angry:

I got my brand new vision on Nov 30 2005. Been in the shop 12 times in 5 months. The truck is putting me broke!!!!!! Mack quality...depend on it!!!