Mack In The Movies

Mack 3P

Hey Bill, did Mack have something to do with getting their name in the movie, or did Disney do it on their own? Just curious how that works??

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I am assuming Mack had to agree to allow the use of the logo. None of us knew about it till today. As part of the movie promotion some of the cars from the movie will be visiting WHQ on the "Disney/Pixar Road Trip '06".

As it looks now, I will be at WHQ for the "Road Trip". I will certainly have a camera with me and will get photos to share. Doug

It has been postponed from the 4/21 date and will be rescheduled with date TBD.

I will try to let you know of the new date.

• 2 weeks later...

Mack facilities will welcome the “stars” of the new Disney-Pixar animated film “CARS” on April 20 and 21, as part of CARS Road Trip ’06 -- the national promotional tour in support of the film.

The tour features life-size replicas of the movie’s lead characters – Lightning McQueen and Sally – and is powered by a 2006 Mack CH Rawhide Edition tractor loaned by the company in celebration of another character in the movie: Mack the truck, voiced by JOHN RATZENBERGER.

Tour stops at Mack:

Friday, April 21 – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Mack WHQ Parking Lot

(open to the public)

It doesn't sound like the "Mack" character is going to be there. I'm going to check it out at lunch time and take some pictures.

• 1 month later...

The Stars of Disney/Pixar's 'CARS' Hit the Road for 'CARS Road Trip '06' Presented by State Farm

Two of the stars of Disney/Pixar's exciting new computer-animated feature "CARS" will race straight off the movie screen and into the real world as actual life-sized models of hotshot rookie racecar Lightning McQueen (voiced by Owen Wilson) and Sally Carrera, a snazzy 2002 Porsche 911 (voiced by Bonnie Hunt) will hit the road today for Disney/Pixar's "CARS Road Trip '06" presented by State Farm, it was announced today by Brett Dicker, Executive Vice President of Buena Vista Pictures Marketing.

The film's sheet metal counterparts were created by famed movie car creator and customizer Eddie Paul of Customs By Eddie Paul, with help from Porsche and Pixar Animation Studios' artists and technicians. Paul is responsible for famous Hollywood car creations such as the hot rod that John Travolta drove in "Grease" as well as custom built vehicles for "The Fast and the Furious" and "xXx."

Disney/Pixar's "CARS Road Trip 06" presented by State Farm will bring the "CARS" stars to life through interactive experiences. The tour, which was designed and will be managed by the Becker Group, will cross the country with stops in over 40 cities and be highlighted by an appearance at the World Premiere for Disney/Pixar's "CARS" on May 26 in Charlotte, NC at the Lowe's Motor Speedway. The cars will ride in style via a special truck inspired by the character Mack, which will be provided by Mack Trucks, Inc. As the number one auto insurer in the U.S., and with their headquarters located along Route 66, State Farm sought to sponsor "CARS Road Trip '06" in addition to their category sponsorship of "CARS."

"CARS Road Trip '06" travel cities will include:

April 17 Akron, OH

April 18 Washington DC

April 19 Baltimore, MD

April 20 Philadelphia, PA

April 21 Allentown, PA

April 22 Hartford, CT

April 23 Boston, MA

April 24 Toronto, CN

April 26 Detroit, MI

April 27 Chicago, IL

April 28-29 Minneapolis, MN

May 1 Denver, CO

May 2 Salt Lake City, UT

May 4 DuPont, WA

May 5 Seattle, WA

May 6 Portland, OR

May 7 San Francisco, CA

May 8 Bakersfield, CA

May 10-12 Los Angeles, CA

May 15 Houston, TX

May 17-18 Atlanta, GA

May 20-21 Orlando, FL

May 22-23 Jacksonville, FL

May 24-28 Charlotte, NC -- World Premiere/NASCAR Coca Cola 600

May 30 Charlottesville, VA

May 31 Parsippany, NJ

June 1-6 New York, NY

June 11-18 Los Angeles, CA

June 19 Phoenix, AZ

June 21 San Antonio, TX

June 22 Dallas, TX

June 23-24 Tulsa, OK

June 26 St. Louis, MO

June 27 Erlanger, KY

June 28 Cincinnati, OH

June 29 Lexington, KY

June 30 Columbus, OH

July 5 Battle Creek, MI

July 6 Oakbrook, IL

July 7 Bloomington, IL

July 8-11 Chicago, IL

bmodel_logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I took the kids to see the movie Yesterday! It was really cool! MACK the 1985 Super-Liner had a pretty big role and lots of screen time! It was cool to see the Mack script on the side of the hood and even the Bulldog on the hood! Good job Disney/Pixar!

I give it 2 thumbs up! Even for an animated movie...take the kids and go see it!! You'll be glad you did.

bmodel_logo.png

It's time to boycott McDonald's.My youngest daughter spends alot of time riding with me since school got out,and she usually gets me talked into stopping at McDonalds for a Happy Meal.Stopped there today and guess what,the new toys are the "CARS"movie cars,all except one,Mack.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to see the movie last night and it really was a funny movie. The people I went with thought I was nuts when i saw "mack" and didnt stop talkin about how they used a superliner in the movie. I didnt think the movie was going to be as good as it was. Larry the cable guy was a pisser in it. Everyone that went with me was into NASCAR including me so I think we got the movie more than anyone else in the theatar. We were laughin our @$$'s off at things when everyone else had no idea what was goin on. But thats because I live in Jersey and to people in Jersey NASCAR is just a bunch of stupid rednecks goin in circles all day.

Chris