Jump to content


Big Dog
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by mattb73lt

  1. I was going to use Lizard skin on the entire bottom, then Dynamat over the entire interior. Probably go double thick under the mat for the firewall.
  2. It’s going to get a lot worse, soon. I need to cross brace everything first before going further. The roof is coming off and the lower cab sills will get replaced. I don’t think the L cab is as sturdy as the standard B cab and more prone to rust. The back panels on this one were replaced early in its life and weren’t done well so they came off easily. This is certainly the worst part of this project and it’ll take a bunch of time to fix.
  3. Steam cleaned the crap out of the cab today. Amazing the amount of dirt and grease that came out of it!! Spent three hours on it once it got set up this morning. It's squeaky clean now and ready for more work
  4. It should, ive had very good luck with it on other engines. Pretty durable
  5. Tracked down a really nice backdrop manifold last year, after putting out some feelers for one. Scored one that didn't break the bank and was in excellent condition. Now to get it in and hear it run!'
  6. Steel spring hangers should directly replace the aluminum ones. My B-73LT had a mix of both types on it when I got it.
  7. Matt Pfahl was kind enough to bring my frame to my house when he was in the area making another delivery Sunday morning. With the stretch it won't fit on my truck any more and I don't have good enough tires to tow it home. Progress should pick back up now that it's back.
  8. No, no, no, those are the tanks for the Chem Trail Solution now used by airliners in a secret government program.
  9. It might be for a Fuel tank indicator switch. My B-42 had one in that spot to switch the sender indication from Left, Right and Aux. I left it in place and put new senders in each tank to check them while running, since it was all there and wired for it. I re-plumbed the tanks and deleted the separate floor valve when I converted it to diesel.
  10. Good guess!! Just threw a tape on it today, looks like right around 249". It's getting a 24' Jerr-Dan rollback equipment body.
  11. That's what I did when I swapped over my B-42 to diesel. I was able to get a B-61SX from behind the cab forward, it had everything but the motor. Everything bolted right in, front cross member, transmission mounts, etc. There's a lot that you'll need that you'll have to scrounge for to get it done right (Shutters, brackets, air lines). The good thing is, the frame is predrilled for both mounts(Gas and Diesel). It was actually a very easy swap to bolt right in. I started off with a 1957 END-673 for ten years and after having a major issue with it a 1973 ENDT-675 (237) since 2011. Miss the bark of the 673, but love the power of the 237.
  12. Yes, there's a cast divider separating the cylinders. Three upfront and three to the rear. The gasses meet as they enter the exhaust pipe. I've been told that's where the exhaust note comes from.
  13. A few more pics after we moved it back into the yard today.
  14. Hope all is well with everyone that's following this. Hasn't been since August since I last posted. The project was on hold and stored at Matt Pfahl's since then, while I waited for him to have some floor space for me, and I ran my own train off the tracks after picking up a '26 Ford Roadster. But, back on it today and completed the the frame stretch by joining both frames together. Long day, but it's done and straight. Went as planned and without a hitch. The bare frame looks looonnng with it joined up.
  15. Yes, the Flatbed(B-42), progress has been slow over the summer on the B-73. It will pick up this fall, though.
  16. I'll be there!!! One of the few shows that work out on my schedule.
  17. '27 Coupe. It's complete, missing only the horn. Comes with original bumper brackets, new splash aprons, trunk lid skin, floorboards and some other parts. Send me an email and I'll send you a bunch of pics and price.
  18. Good for you!! Great to have a brand new place to work in.
  19. Ever since I built this truck it has been constant trouble, only because things keep following me home like this!! Stumbled upon this 1926 Model T and after getting it running for Matt Pfahl it ended up finding a new home in my barn. Way too nice to pass up, but now I have to sell another T I was holding on to for the last 15 years and really haven't touched. Enough distractions, now back to the B-73.
  20. Really nice job!!!! Such a clean and meticulous restoration. Certainly better than new. WOW!!
  21. All primered up. 3/4 of a gallon to cover it. Just closed up the shop and time for bed.
  22. I made some careful measurements yesterday and I'm going to forego the shims I was going to make. This is also a Ford donor and a very close slip fit, like about 1/16" difference.
  23. Well, my text disappeared when I posted those pics. But, it's been two months since I touched this, didn't think I would be that busy. Finally got on it this weekend, finished all the welding and primed the frame. Got the donor frame to the sandblaster and into the shop for primer. The big score was finding a "Back-Drop" exhaust for the Cummins. It's super nice and once its painted and installed I'll post some pictures.
  24. It's the original floor with 3/4" plywood layed over it as a work surface. I put it down when I did the other B. I'll probably replace it at some point.
  • Create New...