as I am going to have alot of time to plan my B-833 project I have been doing alot of wondering to my self. Here are a few of the questions I was wondering about: #1 the cab on the B-833 is extreamly rough, no rust, but lots of welded up cracks, and dents. now I know the floor pans are different than the regular B series, so I was wondering about cutting out the floor pan and re welding it in to another cab and putting it on my chassis. could it be done with out too much trouble? #2 I have the other truck (B-62) I can use for the cab. only problem is that I have not seen any other B-62's so I was wondering if it would not be a good idea to part it out. can any one tell me the differences betwen the B-62 and the B-61?? I called the Mack Museum, and gave them the info on the two trucks, now just have to wait for them to send the info they have! The B-833 SX is serial # 1030, and the B-62 SX is # 1451, so if I under stand right the B-833 would be # 30, and the B-62 # 451 ? :wacko: still new to this Mack stuff but Im gettin there! Doug

I have both a B-61 and a B-62. The only difference I can tell between the two trucks (cab wise) are the dash panel in the B-62 (gas powered) is there is no tachometer. There is no hole for one either. All else is the same with the exception of some minor wiring issues.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 4 weeks later...

G'day Doug

You've got a couple of pretty rare Bs there! I checked the B Model Registry and found that there were only 1463 833SXs built and only 216 62SXs!!!! The rule with diesel and petrol (gas for you guys) Bs is that those with odd numbers (B83, B61 etc) were diesel powered and the even ones (B62, B80 etc) were gas. The B fire trucks though, were a whole other story!

I've got a B61T and we all know how many of those are around! Still, a B is a B and is more than just a truck!

I also noticed that you are not listed on the May edition of the Registry. I hope you're on there now, Tom'll love you for it!

Cheers and all the best with the 83....and the 62!

Andy :mack1:

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

My floor was a bit rough in my B61, so I just cut it all out(all the way around the perimeter of cab, up to the center floor panel). I then cut 16 ga to fit around center panel(that I made new framework for) and welded it all in. I put a center cross brace between rocker panels for seat bracket to sit on. Solid as a rock now. I used to have pictures posted on here(on old forum, but they got deleted).

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

the B cabs are always a rust issue. my first B model had "for sale" signs for a floor boards.. you know the ones made from steel a little thinker than pop cans LOL. the rest of the cab "looked" ok but when i started to remove the window rubbers all hell broke louse. I would try to save the cab if its reasonable, but if its not look for one in better shape. If you live out west near CA I know a guy that has a great cab. You can only save so much before its unrepairable.

Larry i was just looking at your floor pics on the old BMT site last week I will have to see if they are still there!!! I was looking for the door hinge placement.LOL

Trent

Hey Andy! you got it backwards LOL, there were 1,463 B-62 SX's built between 1954-1958 of which mine is # 451, as for the B-833 SX there were 216 built between the years 1956-1966, all together between the X SX RSX , & ST models, mine was the 30th one built. it is in extreamly rough shape, but most all the parts are there, so I think it is wort trying to save & restore! just wish I had lots of $$$ to do it right!!, Doug :thumb::SMOKIE-LFT: