I just picked up my new toy. 1979 Mack DMM6856S 6x6 Dump Truck. It has a 20 ft "contractor type" dump body and is a converted all wheel drive concrete truck. My son likes the idea of being a truck owner and has decided we need to name it "The Monster". First course of action is to install a second seat for my co owner!

Truck has Mack 237 Engine, 5 speed main, 2 speed transfer case, 23k front, 44k rears on camelbacks

I have NO idea what we are going to do with it. I am leaving it out on my friend's farm - He is happy as hell, his wife not so much.

I have an insurance question. I have no plans to use it commercially, but would like to license it and use it myself - don't want to spend $400+ per month on insurance. Any suggestions?

Have pictures in my gallery

Jimbo

post-2447-1241908155_thumb.jpg

if you put antique tags and insureance on it it will be covered so long as you do not use it for hire. the issue is that those tags are for Shop or show only.. there is a fine line and most cops will not not care if its your dirt in the bed or not and they may give you a hard time just for haveing a load on it thats not related to antique equipment. just be ready to go to court when they catch you hauling a load of Dirt with it. when you get to court just tell the judge its "old" dirt se if he laughs?

• 3 weeks later...