[New BMT Blog Entry] other dog's Blog - Ribs Of The Week

WattsMack

I know everybody gits tired of seeing pictures of these delicious and tender slow cooked ribs, but here's todays menu. Had just put them on the grill here...chunks of hickory wood on the charcoal. I actually smoke it over indirect heat for several hours, then smother it in BBQ sauce and wrap it tightly in aluminum foil to finish it. And I saw several of these creatures while I was cooking the ribs, they're sauteeing in the smaller pan, with garlic and butter.

Attached thumbnail(s)

blogentry-1374-1241376512_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1241379562_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1241379695_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1241379727_thumb.jpg

//

View the full blog entry

Tom,

You're killin me!.....I can taste that and smell the hickory aroma all tha way down here in TN. .....I found a marinating sauce that I think is great at our Kroger Store, it's called "STUBS". It has a man with a cowboy hat on the bottle. I can put chicken in that sauce for an hour put in the frig. while getting the coals hot. If you want to try something different, try that. Everyone that has tried it is sold on that product.

mike

I've heard of Stubb's. "Bone Sucking Sauce" was pretty good on ribs too, it came in like a pint canning jar, and the only place you could get it around here was up at the produce stand in Concord. That's the only place I saw it anyway.

I told Big Jim I liked Open Pit BBQ sauce, because it was a little tangy, not super sweet like a lot of sauces , but it's hard to find anywhere. So he found it somewhere and brought me a gallon of it!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've heard of Stubb's. "Bone Sucking Sauce" was pretty good on ribs too, it came in like a pint canning jar, and the only place you could get it around here was up at the produce stand in Concord. That's the only place I saw it anyway.

I told Big Jim I liked Open Pit BBQ sauce, because it was a little tangy, not super sweet like a lot of sauces , but it's hard to find anywhere. So he found it somewhere and brought me a gallon of it!

I always liked to stab the meat full of holes with a fork and let it soak for a couple of hours in beer while in the fridge. Gives it a little "extra" and removes the taste of tire tread.

"Open Pit" is popular here on the grocery store shelves. Really good poured over wheat toast for breakfast.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I always liked to stab the meat full of holes with a fork and let it soak for a couple of hours in beer while in the fridge. Gives it a little "extra" and removes the taste of tire tread.

"Open Pit" is popular here on the grocery store shelves. Really good poured over wheat toast for breakfast.

Rob

actually, that reminds me of a good recipe I use on country style ribs. I boil them in beer, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion, and a little barbecue sauce, then simmer them until they're almost done. Then just put them on the grill long enough to brown them good on both sides, and that's it. Simmering in the beer makes them very tender.

I like to leave the tire tread in mine cause it gives ya the extra traction to git outa bed in the mornings and when walkin down the driveway to the mailbox it keeps me from wandering off into the grass. Reminds me I have to get an alignment soon and let'em check my toe-in at the eye doctor's office. I pee beer over my bran-flakes in the mornings....no need wasting good beer, it's the green kind I dislike......humm...I bet I could use alittle STUBB'S on them also.

mike :blink::D

I like to leave the tire tread in mine cause it gives ya the extra traction to git outa bed in the mornings and when walkin down the driveway to the mailbox it keeps me from wandering off into the grass. Reminds me I have to get an alignment soon and let'em check my toe-in at the eye doctor's office. I pee beer over my bran-flakes in the mornings....no need wasting good beer, it's the green kind I dislike......humm...I bet I could use alittle STUBB'S on them also.

mike :blink::D

I'll sometimes pick up small pieces of rubber from blown truck tires off the highway and add a piece or two to the fire for a little different taste.

Tom,

Just be careful when using the tread on the grill because the EPA may be looking from the eye in tha sky. We have those guys that are working for our Commi Gov. ready to turn their grandmaw in just for a little raise and praise........I was watching the story about Junior Johnson yesterday running moonshine for his dad. I noticed the respect he still had for him many years later after he had been caught and had jail time. Junior said if his dad could ask him today if junior would run for him junior said that he would do it for his dad.You got to hand it to some of our ancesters, they had GUTS. Sorry to get off on something else.

mike :mack1:

Hey Mike my Dad ran "Shine" in the early 60s. He did that until the guy he was partners with started stealing cars. Dad said that he wasn't out to hurt anyone so that ended him running "Shine"....however he did still make it...maybe I should've gotten that recipe after all. His favorite movie was Thunder Road with Robert Mitchum.

Matt

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS