Rear Springs

de37champ

:mack1: i am replacing the rear springs on my B61, I got a spare set when i got my truck. Now the Question, the ones that are on it have a short set of helpers on them that go to the front hanger, the ones that i am putting on does not but are a lot heavier than the ones coming off, Would that cause a problem later on, it does have a dump on it and i am going to use it too, it is a single axle ex tractor with a short dump box on it, also are the round bushings for the hanger bolts still available

:mack1: i am replacing the rear springs on my B61, I got a spare set when i got my truck. Now the Question, the ones that are on it have a short set of helpers on them that go to the front hanger, the ones that i am putting on does not but are a lot heavier than the ones coming off, Would that cause a problem later on, it does have a dump on it and i am going to use it too, it is a single axle ex tractor with a short dump box on it, also are the round bushings for the hanger bolts still available

The springs that are currently installed on the truck were specific to tractor usage. I would assume the torque link to the front spring hanger is to limit axle wrap, or walk in tractor usage, as all of the cargo weight is not on the suspension, but I am not quite sure. The second set of springs you mention are for platform type truck usage, ie strait truck where the cargo weight is all on the trucks suspension. I have both styles and I'm familiar with both.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.