Mack Truck Turbo

Hey eveyone,

I have a question about a turbo i have. It is supposed to come off of a 94-02 mack truck.

Its a S3BL-090 model number

P/N 631GC5140M2X

S/N C0895 056 R9

I am tryin to find the specs on it. Also tryin to find out how much the max boost is for that turbo. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

I found 5140MX and 5140M3X but no 5140M2X . The two I did find were for 325-350 HP VMAC engines. Boost pressures for these engines were any where from min 15psi to max 28psi.

how much psi a turbo for e-tech 460-490???

my e-tech 400 has 32 psi

HIGH TORQUE INJECTORS 20%

For a 1999-2000 Etech 460 and 460XT(490HP) the Mack tune-up book says 27-35psi. The 460XT is the exact same engine/turbo/injectors just different download and a 100 Ftlbs more torque.

The 460 with xt file will produce 40 psi on a cold day and We had seveal customers CLs that would hit 40 consistantly!It was quite common for the compressor wheels on these to pop in half ,that problem has since been repaired thou!

The 460 with xt file will produce 40 psi on a cold day and We had seveal customers CLs that would hit 40 consistantly!It was quite common for the compressor wheels on these to pop in half ,that problem has since been repaired thou!

40?? Damn, my 427 only pulls a consistant 32lbs.

When I have the passenger window down and I'm on the gas, the turbo makes a sound like a police car siren (?)...in addition to the normal turbo whistle. I don't know how else to describe it.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

40?? Damn, my 427 only pulls a consistant 32lbs.

When I have the passenger window down and I'm on the gas, the turbo makes a sound like a police car siren (?)...in addition to the normal turbo whistle. I don't know how else to describe it.

Check for a boost leak in the CAC, piping, or boots.

That would explain both the "siren" sound, and the low boost pressure.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Check for a boost leak in the CAC, piping, or boots.

That would explain both the "siren" sound, and the low boost pressure.

Also Depending on where the compressor is plumbed in check the compressor inlet tubes .

Haha...it's hard to describe the sound it makes. More like if you whistle with your lips at a constant low(er) tone. I guess you'd have to ride along to get the idea. Reason I asked is because my dad used to tractor pull his regular farm tractor...just cranked up the farmer screw...and the stock turbo on the JD made a helacious scream. It ran like a raped ape, but he claimed the turbo was bad.

And I thought the 427 was supposed to produce 24-32lbs...?

Haha...it's hard to describe the sound it makes. More like if you whistle with your lips at a constant low(er) tone. I guess you'd have to ride along to get the idea. Reason I asked is because my dad used to tractor pull his regular farm tractor...just cranked up the farmer screw...and the stock turbo on the JD made a helacious scream. It ran like a raped ape, but he claimed the turbo was bad.

And I thought the 427 was supposed to produce 24-32lbs...?

All the Mack tune-up spec books I have looked at "1996-2004 "says 33 psi is about the max boost pressure you should see for a 427 HP engine. I think the ASET "AC' engine might be higher but the ASET "AI dump truck" version should still be around 33 max. I would say anything above 30 psi is good. However I have seen and drove trucks that put out more than what the specs say. I have seen alot of blown intake manifold gaskets on 99-03 engines( mostly around #1 cylinder) and air compressor intake piping problems that leak boost pressure.

I have seen alot of blown intake manifold gaskets on 99-03 engines( mostly around #1 cylinder) and air compressor intake piping problems that leak boost pressure.

I've got the air compressor intake off the intake manifold. How do I rig it up so the compressor intake is between the air filter and turbo..? I've had this problem in the past, fixed it and went from 24 max to 32+.