R Fire Truck

farmer52

Barry,

On my way to and from Blair County today (Saturday), I saw a R model fire truck for sale along Route 22. It is just a few miles west of your dealer. What do you know about it? I see the price is $12,500. What is it worth? Thanks!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 3 weeks later...
Barry,

On my way to and from Blair County today (Saturday), I saw a R model fire truck for sale along Route 22. It is just a few miles west of your dealer. What do you know about it? I see the price is $12,500. What is it worth? Thanks!

the price dropped on that truck as of 5/7 it was $8500. Looks real clean but a fire truck I do not need (so I am told)

the price dropped on that truck as of 5/7 it was $8500. Looks real clean but a fire truck I do not need (so I am told)

Can you provide more info?? Exact location? Specs of the truck (Engine/Trans/Pump/Tank???) Being sold by a dealer or by a fire company??? Anyone know who it was delivered to new?

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Can you provide more info?? Exact location? Specs of the truck (Engine/Trans/Pump/Tank???) Being sold by a dealer or by a fire company??? Anyone know who it was delivered to new?

It is along Route 22 just west of New Alexandria (Watts Mack) about 2 miles sitting on the south side of the road. It appears to be a private individual but he may be a member of the fire department. I do not have the phone number nor do I remember the fire company name on the side of the truck. My guess is Watts sold it new.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

F.W.D. , I pass by there on a fairly regular basis. Next time I will stop and get some pics and specs for you. Then we can get together for coffee; heck we're practically neighbors!

Sounds good. Rumor has it, that it may have been delivered new to the Hatfield (Montgomery County) Fire Company, and later sold to a department out in that direction. Also if it is the same truck, it has been re-furbished by the Swab (a builder/rebuilder of fire truck bodies.)

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Sounds good. Rumor has it, that it may have been delivered new to the Hatfield (Montgomery County) Fire Company, and later sold to a department out in that direction. Also if it is the same truck, it has been re-furbished by the Swab (a builder/rebuilder of fire truck bodies.)

As I recall the name on the door is "LUXOR FIRE DEPT." a little town just south of New Alex. I may be out that way this week. I will definitely stop & investigate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

post-2694-1244079592.jpg post-2694-1244079614.jpg

post-2694-1244079627.jpg post-2694-1244079654.jpg

post-2694-1244079665.jpg post-2694-1244079675.jpg

Here are some pics of the fire truck for sale. It is a 1974 with a maxidyne diesel + 5 speed. Odometer shows 77k miles. Overall very good condition. I hope this PUP finds a new owner. These pics and advertised price are as of 6/3.

Sorry, I missed this post before!

The truck seems to be in decent shape...the price still seems a tad high, but like they say, cash talks! LOL

I really don't know much about the truck other than we have serviced it for some time. I think it was bought second hand by Luxor.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

• 1 year later...

New information, my dad just found the Mack R engine again. Its in Franklin, PA on 322 at the old Shaw Mack dealership under the canopy. Wonder whats up with it? I am going to see if he can swing by and found out its status. Looks great, little rust by the pump panel, but other wise OK. Rear body defintely has been replaced your right looks like a swab.

• 5 weeks later...

New owner plans to tear it apart and make it a tow truck. :( Sad day. The only good news is that he has another Mack firetruck inside from NY, his plans were the same for it. The property renter told me he bought that one five years and has not touched it since then. Maybe both will be spared due to the owners slow pace. Unfortunately, he did not have the shop keys to get me in where the other one was stored.