Hello To All

75mackscope

Hello, I'm happy to be here. i just got home a 1975 CF686F aerialscope. She's a little rough but get her a new collar and a cut and she'll be the talk of the local shows. What better place to belong than a mack forum site. Fire trucks are cool but mack fire trucks are even better. My friend the tinman on here is the mack fire truck googrue so i wanted to be one up on him with a scope. just kidding Ray. So i thank you for letting me on and will learn from the experiences of everyone else. The story of this truck is i saw it for bid on a website and bidded on it and won. this truck was beside the hudson rivr in schulyerville, Ny wich is north of albany. I bought it pretty much sight unseen. It had served with saratoga springs it's whole career. and had been sitting in the mud for 6 years. long story short we pulled it out of the mud using a loader. we put batteries in it and it fired right up and we drove 850 miles to south carolina. and it is missing some things but we will find them. the only mishaps we had were blowing a tire in VA and lost the belts outside of charlotte, NC. but she runs like a new puppy. here is a photo.75mack.jpg

Hello, I'm happy to be here. i just got home a 1975 CF686F aerialscope. She's a little rough but get her a new collar and a cut and she'll be the talk of the local shows. What better place to belong than a mack forum site. Fire trucks are cool but mack fire trucks are even better. My friend the tinman on here is the mack fire truck googrue so i wanted to be one up on him with a scope. just kidding Ray. So i thank you for letting me on and will learn from the experiences of everyone else. The story of this truck is i saw it for bid on a website and bidded on it and won. this truck was beside the hudson rivr in schulyerville, Ny wich is north of albany. I bought it pretty much sight unseen. It had served with saratoga springs it's whole career. and had been sitting in the mud for 6 years. long story short we pulled it out of the mud using a loader. we put batteries in it and it fired right up and we drove 850 miles to south carolina. and it is missing some things but we will find them. the only mishaps we had were blowing a tire in VA and lost the belts outside of charlotte, NC. but she runs like a new puppy. here is a photo.75mack.jpg

:WELCOME:

great story, pretty neat to find a unit like that and drive it home after it was setting that long! It looks pretty good now, soap,water,chrome polish,and turtle wax will make most of it look new.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

:WELCOME:

great story, pretty neat to find a unit like that and drive it home after it was setting that long! It looks pretty good now, soap,water,chrome polish,and turtle wax will make most of it look new.

Thanks it has the normal north rust that will have to be fixed but a little polish and she'll be good as new.

Thanks it has the normal north rust that will have to be fixed but a little polish and she'll be good as new.

Glad to see you up on the forum site, also great handle. You said you were in need of Gold Bulldogs for the Mack, so it has a Maxadyne engine.

Good Luck, Tinman

It does have the maxidyne in it it's the 686 with turbo intercooler. Man it sounds good going through the gears. In the picture it has the grill and trim but when i got it all of it was missing, even the air horns. so i'm looking for it all. 75scope

Edited by 75mackscope

Try calling Adelman's in Canton, Ohio. The number is 330-456-0206 or 330-456-3130. A few years ago they were parting out some old Chicago FD trucks that were Mack. I bought a Mars 888 light for $20 and only had to put a new lens on it. I don't know if the trucks are still there but it is worth a phone call. It is kind'a kool having a piece of CFD history knowing I took it off the truck!

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?