Daughter And Dog On 4 Wheeler:

Rob

I snapped this from the front porch earlier this morning. New trick for the dog and she really didn't care much for it.

Seen this owl in the trees so snapped a photo. I can watch nature for hours without boredom. The nest was just out of the cameras' eye, and I suspect this was a mother.

Rob

post-78-1239594829_thumb.jpg

post-78-1239594881_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

My redneck partner on the boo-boo truck said that looks fun except the "non-green" tractor ruined the picture :D !

My wife's grandpa bought that tractor new in 1951 and it still runs perfect. It is a great mower. J.I. Case was very popular in mid southern Illinois for a lot of years as were the other brands. There are three VAC series, and one VAI series in the family. I plan to give this one a repaint over the winter for a non secret Christmas gift to my mother in law.

I'd just put all four tires/tubes/ and deck belts on it earlier in the day so it is good to go for another few seasons.

Lots of green, red, orange, yellow, white, gray, and such been through the shop over the years and some at the same time. All have earned their "keep" so I'm not partial. A good reliable piece of equipment whether worked, or reminisced upon is worth having in my opinion.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Just picked me up a "new" tractor: 1972 Cub Cadet 149. Sweet! 14hp, hydro, hydraulic lift.............nice! Had a '66 100 years ago, but it's long gone. Wanted another, and found this one last week. Picking up a blade for it at lunch today. Need to get it out in the sun and get a good picture of it.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I agree on the equipment that can earn their keep. I have a 1972 Sears 10hp that still mows great but she is semi-retired and is only used with the snowblower that I have for it :thumb: ! My mower is a little bigger and is a hydro. It mows a lot faster and uses less gas 'cause of the OHV engine. Partner is JD all the way. She has a Deere tatoo on her leg and is planning a JD wedding in August. My wife even talked them into a wet t-shirt contest :banana::banana::banana: . It is a hog roast camp-out gatherin' with a hitchin' goin' on but I'm not alowed to bring guns! :tease:

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

NICE!!!!!!!!! :thumb: Every year on the 3rd weekend in August there is a tractor show in Dover,Ohio. They have everything from little hit-miss engines to riding mowers to the big steam tractors. We take Faith there and camp/display. It is always a good time with great people.

post-984-1239673355_thumb.jpg

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?