I know this is going to sound like a stupid question to all you veteran mack owners but I'm just a newbie on owning one. I have a 300 e-6 , how do you tell if it's a 2 or 4 valve. Don't pick on me too bad. Lol. Aww go ahead I've got broad shoulders , I can take it. Lol. :pat:

I know this is going to sound like a stupid question to all you veteran mack owners but I'm just a newbie on owning one. I have a 300 e-6 , how do you tell if it's a 2 or 4 valve. Don't pick on me too bad. Lol. Aww go ahead I've got broad shoulders , I can take it. Lol. :pat:

Welcome aboard Greg! You will find we are all quite friendly so you dont have to worry bout being a total n00b :D

Go to this topic I started a while back. You might find the info you need there.

As a quick note, someone said all the 4 valve heads had front mounted after coolers, the 2 valve had the side mounted after cooler. Might be wrong but read up anyways.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Look at the valve covers. If they are the sort of flat looking aluminum ones, then its a 4 valve. If the valve covers are the rounded looking stamped steel kind with 3 hold down bolts on top, then its a 2 valve engine. theres lots of other differences too but thats the easiest way to tell.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Look at the valve covers. If they are the sort of flat looking aluminum ones, then its a 4 valve. If the valve covers are the rounded looking stamped steel kind with 3 hold down bolts on top, then its a 2 valve engine. theres lots of other differences too but thats the easiest way to tell.

Another way to tell is the injector lines go in the head under the exaust manifold on a 4 valve, 2 valve injector is on the top left of the engine.

Thanks Thad, for the info , and your right everyone on here is friendly and knowledgable, thanks everyone!

Can't make any money with a broken Peterbilt, or Kenworth; So I expect he spends every waking hour fixing those.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Can't make any money with a broken Peterbilt, or Kenworth; So I expect he spends every waking hour fixing those.

Rob

LOL just a funny thought. get a wrecked Mack with a good frame and drive train. Get a good pete cab and hood slap it on and you will have one of the most reliable petes on the road lol.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

LOL just a funny thought. get a wrecked Mack with a good frame and drive train. Get a good pete cab and hood slap it on and you will have one of the most reliable petes on the road lol.

Actually, The only one......

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.