Exhaust Elbows

Hi,

Just fired up my 237 in the B-model, I now need some exhaust, I checked some places and a 4" 90 deg. elbow was almost 35 bucks. I thought this was a bit much but I don't know, Is there a place I can get this stuff cheaper from a catalog or mail order place?

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

Hi,

Just fired up my 237 in the B-model, I now need some exhaust, I checked some places and a 4" 90 deg. elbow was almost 35 bucks. I thought this was a bit much but I don't know, Is there a place I can get this stuff cheaper from a catalog or mail order place?

Fred

Check for a Fleet Pride parts store in your area. The have access to a lot of exhaust parts that they might not have in stock. Although a 90 is a 90, the problem with most bends that you can buy off the shelf, is if the bend is tight enough to prove useful. You may have to get creative with a mig welder. As far as to price, nothing is the same as it was last week. I would think that $35 for a plain steel elbow was too much. Chrome could be even more.

• Like 1

eBay might be the best bet, I've paid between $30 and $40 for elbows recently, seems that's about what they go for. Price a 4" splitter T from Mack just for kicks...

You might wanna give e-bay a shot,I have picked up quite a few pipes,elbows and clamps for really cheap price.

Do you want a new one or a really good used one? If there is a body installer in the area ask about a take-off. These are newer parts that have to be removed to accomodate a body and they sometimes sell the stuff cheap! Also ask around about scratch and dent items.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Hi,

The results form my e-bay purchase of 10, 4 inch mandrel bent elbows.... 3- 90 deg. 2 -30 deg and 5 -45 deg. Not all of them were a true 45 or 90 but sence I was welding a ehaust for scratch it turned out well. These were sent to my door for 25 bucks. I have a total of 60 bucks in 10 bends, and the gauge is good and thick too. I was happy with the deal. Search for 4 inch bends on e-bay, The guys name is fishnet sales.

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!