'58 B61s Vin Number Location

Where might I fing the VIN number on a 1958 B61S? Also does anyone have any new or used Front Bumper & brackets available for this truck?

The right front frame rail section behind the shock absorber will have the serial number stamped into the frame on your truck. Also the passenger side door tag should if it has not been changed.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ossablt, once you find your chassis number, did you know you can write to the Mack Museum (along with a non-compulsory donation is nice) to get the line sheet and a whole heap of other info related to your specific truck? They can also tell you if the diff, gearbox and engine are original to the truck.

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

Ossablt, once you find your chassis number, did you know you can write to the Mack Museum (along with a non-compulsory donation is nice) to get the line sheet and a whole heap of other info related to your specific truck? They can also tell you if the diff, gearbox and engine are original to the truck.

Thanks for the info, I will look for the numbers tomorrow. I think I will write to the Mack Museum, it would be great to have the information. What do the letters after the B61 stand for...i.e. (s, st, lst,) etc.?

Thanks Jeffro, I thought the C motor only went into R-models but I'm probably remembering that wrong. Having said that, my B61T had a C motor but it was not the original power for her.

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

• 5 years later...