Gear ratio Q

Running 22.5 rubber on dump truck with a 300 maxidyne. Taking out the 5.73 rears due to swapping in a 12 speed with different final gear ratio. Trying to figure out if 5.02 would give me the same deep reduction off road that I have with my T2070. I am more interested in off-road performance than highway speed.  I’m thinking either 4.42, 4.64 or 5.02 Any opinions are much appreciated 

I had a dump truck with a 285 and a 12spd with 4.17’s never had a problem off road, and had a real good cruising speed. Also had 22.5 tires.  Terry :MackLogo:

I think any of the ratios would be fine, a 12 speed in deep reduction is really really slow and you can break the drive line  if your rough in deep reduction 

So I can't imagine any situation where it won't be lower geared enough with any of the ratios suggested 

Paul 

Looks like the low gear in the 12 speed is 14.44 and the T2070 is 14.16. The big difference is the .78 OD in the 12 compared to .60 in the 7 speed. I think the 5.02 will still give me decent startability in soft ground with an ok top speed. 

5.02 and .78 OD  with 20" rubber is gonna max out mid sixties tops.  I'd think it'd be good in soft ground.  Like good enough that the short tires would be more a hinderance than the gearing. And like Paul mentioned, easy to damage itself if misused .